Help Pls?

emilpro01

:
2017 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring AWD
Hi so some one hit and run my car and so i send it to mechanic to repair the damage fenders, now that i got my car back, i got this warning. https://imgur.com/a/Xsq8G I just found out about this warning when i got home, so basically i cant use the keyless entry into my vehicle.

Edit : I have taken the car to the original mechanic who worked on the broken fenders, they checked what was going on but did not find any problems. They said when they changed the fenders they didn't touch any connectors, they only worked on the fenders. They suggested that I should take the car to the dealer and let them fix it or check it since it's still under new car warranty.

Edit #2 : I have taken the car to the dealership and they worked on it, they said there were some wirings that weren't connected properly i guess its due to the other shop fixing my thing, any ways all things are fixed now

Last edited:
Hi so some one hit and run my car and so i send it to mechanic to repair the damage fenders, now that i got my car back, i got this warning. https://imgur.com/a/Xsq8G I just found out about this warning when i got home, so basically i cant use the keyless entry into my vehicle.

Take it back and get it fixed by them or take it to an authorised Mazda service centre for them to fix it

Take it back and get it fixed by them or take it to an authorised Mazda service centre for them to fix it
Best advice. OP should have insurance to cover any damages or problems caused by this hit-and-run incident. If this Keyless System Malfunction problem is not caused by incident then it gets covered by new car warranty.

I sense OP did not have insurance and went to his independent mechanic. In that case - If the dealer can find that the keyless system is in the same area as the damage - I bet he wont touch it.

I sense OP did not have insurance and went to his independent mechanic. In that case - If the dealer can find that the keyless system is in the same area as the damage - I bet he wont touch it.
A brand new 2017 CX-5 without insurance? Even if I paid cash without financing Id still get comprehensive insurance on it.

A brand new 2017 CX-5 without insurance? Even if I paid cash without financing I’d still get comprehensive insurance on it.

Maybe he doesn't have comprehensive coverage. Or is driving without insurance (I hope not).

Hopefully the OP has insurance and just doesn't want to file a claim hoping to prevent a big jump in premium at renewal.

Hey,
What make you think that he does not have insurance??
I think you are crossing a line here!!

I think the OP is confused as to who to take it to to get fixed.

My original post is the correct way to do it

OP just registered and this is his only post. I think fishing season is still ongoing.

If they come back then they can read our responses and act accordingly.

If they don't come back, our responses can be there for others

I have an insurance but it's new car and new insurance, if i report it i might ended up paying more for my monthly so i just decided to get it fix by a mechanic

I think ill just report it to authorized Mazda service and just say it gave me this error. Do you think theyll know that the fender got changed? if they can ill just tell them whole story of what happen

Hopefully the OP has insurance and just doesn't want to file a claim hoping to prevent a big jump in premium at renewal.

Yes I do have insurance and you are also right. I didin't want to file a claim because I know that my bill would jump high, and since im only 19 i have a feeling that its even gonna be higher than normal

I think ill just report it to authorized Mazda service and just say it gave me this error. Do you think theyll know that the fender got changed? if they can ill just tell them whole story of what happen

Well they want to know how this issue came about... you need to tell them something, preferably the truth

When the body shop/mechanic put it back together, is there a chance he just didn't hook something up under the hood? I'd take it back where you got it done and tell them about it. If they aren't willing to cover you under workmanship warranty, then you know not to go back there. In that case take it to Mazda and tell them it's not working. I know when I drop a vehicle off for service at the dealership they rarely ask me how something happened, but that information could be helpful in them finding the issue.

When the body shop/mechanic put it back together, is there a chance he just didn't hook something up under the hood? I'd take it back where you got it done and tell them about it. If they aren't willing to cover you under workmanship warranty, then you know not to go back there. In that case take it to Mazda and tell them it's not working. I know when I drop a vehicle off for service at the dealership they rarely ask me how something happened, but that information could be helpful in them finding the issue.

Okay I'm gonna give a call the shop tht fixed my car to let them know about the problem. If they aren't able to fix it I'll take it to the service. Btw noob question for service I need to make an appointment right? Or I can just dropped it in and let them know the problem. Sorry this is my first car and still don't know how things work

Sometimes I wonder if dealers are silent members of the forum, spying on customers.
Reason that I am saying that is that after an oil and filter change for my other brand vehicle, I posted that it was overfilled about 1/4 - 1/2 quart. Not the end of the world.
The day after I got a call from the dealer asking me if everything was ok with the service. I said yes, but was overfilled. A day later got another call from them telling me to stop by to take care of that.
Just wonder if @emilpro01, can take it to the dealer like nothing happened. Do not forget, that like any trade, people has an eye for details that regular folks do not.

Back