Heading to Deal's Gap with the MINIs

MS3: I was sitting on the car lift getting lube work done when she glanced at me several times.
Mini: I have always had a thing for someone with red interior lights and a turbo.
MS3: We saw each other several times after that.
Mini: He took me to meet his parents at the local Mazda dealership. Finally after a wonderful evening of dinner & a movie at Shell, he proposed to me in my garage (blushing)

Both: And we are happy to say 9 months later we have our first child

Think anyone will be able to pick the Mazda out of the caravan? (stooges)

2010-04-24131326.jpg

2010-04-24161420.jpg

Don't worry... it's all magnetic vinyl.

MS3: I was sitting on the car lift getting lube work done when she glanced at me several times.
Mini: I have always had a thing for someone with red interior lights and a turbo.
MS3: We saw each other several times after that.
Mini: He took me to meet his parents at the local Mazda dealership. Finally after a wonderful evening of dinner & a movie at Shell, he proposed to me in my garage (blushing)

Both: And we are happy to say 9 months later we have our first child

(rofl)

Awesome!

Got plenty of pics on Killboy, Zeefoto and US129 photos. Some filed me under "Cars" and some under "MINIs." Killboy filed me in different places on different days. LOL

Good thing about 129 being closed: nobody towing boats or campers, no semis, etc.

Bad thing about 129 being closed: LEOs out the ying-yang, allowing very little cushion above the 30mph limit. I kept my speeds around 35-37mph, and was OK. I know at least one guy who got pinched for 45. No complaints on that- 15 over is enough anywhere you go. But in a normal year, LEOs would be patrolling only intermittently. The only relief this year was when they went on lunch break. And I wasn't lucky enough to drive the Dragon during those short intervals.

Haha i saw "mini's and impostors" as a category.

i dont mind campers and boats as much as harleys. those seem to be the slowest moving objects there and wont let you by at pull offs.

were the cops bad during the week or was that a weekend? I'll be heading down during the week and hoping there wont be as many cops as you describe.

Haha i saw "mini's and impostors" as a category.

i dont mind campers and boats as much as harleys. those seem to be the slowest moving objects there and wont let you by at pull offs.

were the cops bad during the week or was that a weekend? I'll be heading down during the week and hoping there wont be as many cops as you describe.

Yeah, when a guy towing a camper or a boat doesn't pull off to let you by, it's because he really can't. When a Harley rider won't pull over to let you by, it's because he's a douchebag. I don't want them to speed up & drive beyond their abilities, but pulling off for 30 seconds is easy & just common courtesy.

As long as the Dragon is semi-closed, The TN State Police are posting 2 cruisers for all 12 hours it is open each day. And unlike the Blount County Sheriff's cruisers (who were absent all week), the Staties seem to like to change positions a LOT.

Honestly, I'd go hang out at Deal's Gap and have a bite to eat- wait for the troopers to come in, and go drive while they eat. The Gap is basically their only nearby option, thanks to working the "wrong side" of the road block. Oh, and I recommend the pulled pork sandwich if you have lunch at The Gap. Avoid the trout sandwich- it's served cold, and it's chewy.

Keep it under 40, for sure. I know of a guy getting pinched for 45 in the 30 zone, and heard third-hand of as low as 42 getting a souvenir. Oh, and I know someone who got a ticket for following too closely, as well. As much as everyone rides up everyone else's arse, I'd never seen that one up there.

I was there from Tuesday thru Sunday, and saw no difference in LEO coverage from weekday to weekend. They are treating it as a special project, rather than a normal patrol.

Oh, and the NC LEO's were VERY active on the Hellbender for most of the week.

And since this is the "Photo & Video" section, a couple more shots. These first 2 are my MS3 and a Lotus Exige S that belongs to another former MINI owner. These shots were taken during the car show, which I ran. But I did not open a "non-MINI" category, so Ryan and I just parked our cars for grins.

30511_1171640909460_1781146946_3238.jpg

30511_1171651749731_1781146946_3238.jpg

And this was the worst MINI accident we had all week. Happened on Tuesday, the day before the event officially started, and the last day when we got rained on. The way I hear it, he hit a narrow shoulder on the Hellbender, dropped a rear wheel off the side, and it was all over. Judging from the pics, I'd say this was the least serious "worst accident" we've had since '05, maybe even '04. Notice the sign hanging off the rear window. ROFL.

30733_418272461583_517046583_537952.jpg

30733_418272466583_517046583_537952.jpg

Your an embarrassment to all us MS3 drivers. Sell your car and buy your self one of those clown cars.

So having a sense of humor & enjoying twisty roads with people I've known for up to 7 years is embarrassing to you? Well, then I hope I keep you red faced for a long time to come, hombre.

Your an embarrassment to all us MS3 drivers. Sell your car and buy your self one of those clown cars.

Wow what an elitist douchebag. No wonder MS3 owners get a bad rap lol.

On topic, did you sell your MS3 Bill? I remember a thread somewhere that you might have let it go...

Back