Guitarists?

^^^^^^^^^ reminds me of Godzilla!!!!

godzilla_o_349645.jpg

I've got a Fender Tele and Fender Frontman 10G amp (it's not like I need to shatter the windows) but dang it's plenty loud. I can't turn it up past about 6 on the volume dial because it seriously blasts.

I mostly play modern rock and alternative, but I try to play along to other stuff too. Lately I've been trying to figure out "Afterlife" by Avenged Sevenfold. I got the melody down but the solo is hard. Also enjoy playing stuff by The Black Keys.

I took piano for 8 years, and I learn best by listening to a song. I can read music but I learn by ear best.

Well, I bought another bass this weekend. A German Warwick Corvette fretless 4 string from my friend for $150. It needs some work but for $150 I can't complain! Used they go for about $1k. Looks like this one.
3429969935_20379f6c3b.jpg

Sounds pretty good too thru Evan's amp that he got back. I was taking a shower and he starting hitting some low stuff at appropriate volume levels, and I think the water actually started to miss me.

LOL! God, I love that bass rig. SO glad to have it back in my possession.

EA iAmp350 head and Epifani UL310 (3x10" cab). I've got an EA iAmp500 on the way for more powa. This little cab can handle 750 watts and weighs about 50lbs. And EA makes the best bass heads IMHO. All I do is leave the EQ flat and use one of the pre-set contour buttons and it sounds perfect.

edit- forgive all my bass posts today, guys. TalkBass.com is down or else I would be posting in there. heh-heh.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm pretty pumped, Cam. But like I told Phen, I would never use a Warwick as my main bass. They are so chunky. And I love chunky basses like my Fender Jazz and Univox P-copy. But the Warwick necks are so thick. Well, that and I have little paws...

Who makes the best necks for guitars, guys?

Yeah, I'm pretty pumped, Cam. But like I told Phen, I would never use a Warwick as my main bass. They are so chunky. And I love chunky basses like my Fender Jazz and Univox P-copy. But the Warwick necks are so thick. Well, that and I have little paws...

Who makes the best necks for guitars, guys?

uni-body guitars :) lol

Dunno on best necks. I like the Ibanez wizard pro III. My ESP neck is fast too. Ed ROman made great necks and had everything you wanted. His shop is in Las Vegas. He recently passed. A few months before he did, my friend flew out there, met him, and custom built a $4k guitar. Made of the wood of a 2k year old sequoia tree

I am sold out to Takamine just like I am sold out to Mazda. I own several of them just like I own multiple Mazda's. My favorite Takamine I own is a EF340sbg, it is a bluegrass model with the same specs as a pre-war Martin. A absolutely sweet sounding guitar. I love the sound of acoustics and I have been applying all my studying to bluegrass, but blues and rock are fun to play too.

I played a Schecter Hellraiser a few years ago, and I remember that the neck on that thing was pretty awesome. Everything just felt better overall. I like the neck on just about every PRS that I've played. Makes me really wanna snag one. My favorite, hands down, was the 57 Les Paul Gold Top that I played once. OMFG. I was nursing a semi the whole time I played it.

I never pictured you as a LP guy, Phen.

What are some guitars you guys were surprised by how well they sounded or played?

Back