Guitarists?

THE Phen

:
2013 Abarth, 2004 MSM - FM, '74 BMW Bavaria, 97 Civic EX B18C1
Any guitarists in the house? I know that this instrument is usually more common to play than most, so there should be a number of you out there.

What gear do you have?
What style of music do you play?

I'll start. I have several guitars. The only ones worth noting though are my 1962 Fender Jaguar, my Dean Dime-o-Flame, my Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and my Breedlove 12 string.

I have a ton of amps as well. A 1966 Fender VibroChamp, a 1968 Fender Bandmaster w/ 4x12 cab, a 1968 Fender Bandmaster Reverb with a 2x12 cabinet, a 1972 Fender Twin Reverb, and a few newer combos. A Fender Princeton 65, Vox ADVT50, and a Line 6 Spider 15.

I'll get some pics up when I get home.

Style: I play almost anything. I'm better at some things than others. I'm a metal head, so I do spend a lot of time playing that, but not limited to it.

Heck yes. Your job is typically more important.

I have a dean,Oscar schmit acoustic and no name stratacaster. I try to play all types. Although I do like blues more. Usually mess around with scales.

bassist here. My brother plays guitar and is going to college for classical and teaching it.

Cleverfrog, what kind of music do you play? Who are some of your influences? Are you in a band, have any links?

Hell yeah I play guitar, Been at it for a decade now.
I play all styles but I love metal. My current band plays a pop punk/hardore style, similar to "A Day To Remember"
We have played with such bands as Iwrestledabearonce, Vanna, The Chariot (we have played with Vanna and the Chariot twice, Becoming the Archetype, Chelsea Grin, Eyes Set to Kill, The Crimson Armada, and many more.
My current setup. My top guitar is an Esp/Ltd MH-401-QM. It's a blue color stained quilted maple. It's 24-fret, locking tremelo, EMG 81 and 85 pickups. I play a Line6 SpiderIII 150W head through a '79 Mesa Boogie 4x12 cabinet. I have 2 12" Celestian Black Shadow speakers, and 2 12" Celestain Vintage 30's made in England in the cabinet. As far as guitars and amps go I'll post them in no particular order. Let me know if you want pics of anything in particular.
Guitars:
'95 Fender Strat (american) - Black
'95 Fender Tele (american)- Pewter
'03 Squire special edition Strat - Cherry sunburst with 3 ply mint green and white pickguard
'06 Kramer Baretta - 100% custom. 24-fret neck-through. Floyd Rose locking trem, custom true flame paint job, Emg 81 and 85 Zakk Wylde pickups. Coil tapping selected through the tone knob. EVH d-tuna, allen wrench holder on the back of the headstock.
'08 Ibanez RGT-42-dx-fm - Rare color, flat lavender
'05 Peavey Predator plus HM - Red with custom EVH pinstripe ( I did it myself :D)
'59 Silvertone electric guiatar. This is a bronze electric guitar and tube amp that was bought at Sears and Roebuck by my grandfather, in great shape.
'05 PRS Tremonti SE - Black, great guitar!!!
'01 PRS singlecut - Violin Amber, this guitar was a preban, bought during Gibson's lawsuit over PRS copying the Les Paul body style. The lawsuit fell through so I don't think i'll get my $3,000 back anytime soon.
'03 Gibson Les Paul premium plus AAA top - Sunburst. This was the last of the Premium plus les pauls made. Very few of them had AAA tops. I'm never letting this one go, it barely leaves the case.
(I have plenty of crappy electrics I dont feel like listing info for, epiphone les paul, washburn paul stanley edition, squire base model guitar...etc.)

Acoustics:
'03 Alvarez Acoustic
50's Guild Truetone acoustic,
other cheap acoustics.

Basses:
'11 Dean Razorback bass - Black with silver accent. 24-fret extended scale bass with active pickups, dead flying V inlays and the razorblade fret marker on the 12th fret. This bass is roughly 6 feet tall. I'm 6'4" and it's too big for me!
'07 Fender special Edition bass - stained maple body

Amps:
Plenty of Fender amps from all ages. (champ, hot rod deluxe in blonde tweed, old fender tube amp, bassman...etc.)
Mesa Boogie .22+
'79 Mesa Boogie DC5
Roland JC 120
'59 Silvertone tube amp.
Marshall Zakk Wylde Microstack

Equiptment:
Pedals, pedals pedals...
Some to list. Dimebag Darrell Crybaby from Hell Wah
Boss GT-6...way outdated and gold :(
Line6 Uber metal pedal.
recorder - Tascam 2488 MkII
Programs - Reason 5, Alberton 8, Fruity Loops studio 5

I've got a few keyboards and various other instruments such as my didgeridoo and dulcimer.

Last edited:
I'm trying to sell my Ibanez rgt-42-dx-fm if anyone is interest. I bought it brand new for $840, I installed the Dimarzio PAF pro in the neck and Dimarzio Super3 in the bridge. I paid $250 for both pickups. I also have the original pickups and a brand new never used hardshell case which sells for $110. I love this case so much it's what I carry my LTD in even though the case says Ibanez.
Here is what the guitar looks like in the case (This photo is not of my guitar but it looks exactly the same, except for different pickups)
conortheshreder-albums-ibanez-rgt42dxfm-picture3610-ibanez-rgt42dxfm.jpg

MB100C-17a4ebd06e86917a9b9ddfa67f80f714.jpg

I'm hoping to get about $900 for everything. I plan on putting it towards a camera for my wife. PM if you are interested and we can work on a deal. I'm willing to use paypal or ebay...whatever makes you feel comfortable :D

Last edited:
Cleverfrog, what kind of music do you play? Who are some of your influences? Are you in a band, have any links?

Hah, no band. I just rock out with my brother sometimes. Him and his buddy are pretty good at guitar and we get together and play every once in a while. No real influences we just play what ever we feel at the time. Sometimes it's awesome sometimes not so much. Specially when someone is drunk :( I've been playing for maybe 9 years but, I'm not crazy. Simple 4 string peavey with nilon wound strings. Give a nice deep clean tone similar to stand up bass. I personally like that sound because in middle school I was in orchestra :/ I'm lacking a bass amp right now, any suggestions?

JDMPro5, that's quite a lot of gear, mate! You and Phen might have enough to fill a whole music shop. What year is your Bassman head? I always borrowed a friends for recording, my god they are heavenly...

Cleverfrog, that's cool you guys just have a chill jam session every now and then. As far as the amp goes, what's your budget?

I don't consider myself a guitarist, although I do have a few myself (nothing fancy). I remember the first time I played on a light gauge electric and I thought, wow I can make these sounds just by doing this?

JDMPro5, that's quite a lot of gear, mate! You and Phen might have enough to fill a whole music shop. What year is your Bassman head? I always borrowed a friends for recording, my god they are heavenly...

Cleverfrog, that's cool you guys just have a chill jam session every now and then. As far as the amp goes, what's your budget?

Heh... you're not kidding! I'll have to gather all of my details when I get home. I left alot off the list.

My bassman is the combo with the 12" I think. I got the basses hoping to get my Dad to play but he's more interested in having them and not playing them. The combo sounds great but doesn't get used very often. I've owned that amp for about 2 years now and I would say it has less than 5 hours play time on it. I'll look into uploading some photos when I get home :D

^^^ Ohhh, I thought it was a vintage Bassman. A silver or black face, tube amp. Nevermind. haha

But please still post pics of your gear. Pics always make a thread better. I'll post some when I get home too. :)

I have a spreadsheet of my inventory handy if anyone knows how I can upload it. It includes all guitars, basses, amps, and equiptment. It's pretty up to date

^^^ Haha! I had a friend who worked at a music store and some fella came in with a 76' Fender Bassman wanting to sell it. My friend bought it for the shop for $40, bought it from the shop for the same price and took it home that day. He's got a bunch of nice gear but rarely plays and wouldn't sell me the Bassman no matter how much I pleaded and waved $400 in cash in his face. Bastard. haha

The newer Bassman's are okay but I don't think they should've used the "Bassman" name.

edit- spreadsheet works. That's a nice lineup! What is your main ax and amp? Are you playing in a band or have any links?

Last edited:
^^^ Haha! I had a friend who worked at a music store and some fella came in with a 76' Fender Bassman wanting to sell it. My friend bought it for the shop for $40, bought it from the shop for the same price and took it home that day. He's got a bunch of nice gear but rarely plays and wouldn't sell me the Bassman no matter how much I pleaded and waved $400 in cash in his face. Bastard. haha

The newer Bassman's are okay but I don't think they should've used the "Bassman" name.
agreed, I think this one lights up red at the bottom when it receives imput

Good stuff man!

Let's see what pictures I have...

65409_470192025562_632010562_6355979_5925506_n.jpg

My baby... the 1962 Fender Jaguar
383351_10150394102550563_632010562_8874349_1692511036_n.jpg

The Dime-o-Flame
165364_485760970562_632010562_6602406_4882664_n.jpg

What the line up used to look like
7418_161252970562_632010562_3345037_5768671_n.jpg

heh... Evan playing the pink Kramer bass...
9516_161260850562_632010562_3345137_6403769_n.jpg

*runs and hides*

Back