Going Turbo, By Summer of 07

Matthew1785 said:
what are you doing friday, want to meetup at the hooters in cal city? I gotta finish up some christmas shopping plus I got the day off paid lol

Sounds good to me. I could go for some wings.

And i start my vacation that day at about 12:30...... ahh 10 days off

Kansei said:
cleaning up poo > makin da $$ (glare)

Yeah..... if you dont take care of it quickly it could result in that diaper rash stuff, and from what i hear thats no good.

Captain KRM P5 said:
i was tied up with the little one when you called. diaper change FTL.

Its kool ill just call you back repeadedly and leave you voicemails with strange heavy breathing in it untill you answer.

Blackrose said:
Yeah..... if you dont take care of it quickly it could result in that diaper rash stuff, and from what i hear thats no good.

I see.. I'd take notes on stuff like these but I don't plan on sharing my DNA any time soon hahaha.

Blackrose said:
Its kool ill just call you back repeadedly and leave you voicemails with strange heavy breathing in it untill you answer.

thats better than most people do honestly. "i'm going to call and hang up and get pissed when i don't get a call back because i assume ken reads minds"

Captain KRM P5 said:
thats better than most people do honestly. "i'm going to call and hang up and get pissed when i don't get a call back because i assume ken reads minds"

Im quilty of the not leaving a message part. I dont like talking to machines. I dont get mad about you not calling back on the otherhand. I, as you know, have a lot of patience.

Kansei said:
It'll end up costing you a lot more than that, trust me I know >_<

even with some used parts (200 dollar turbo and other parts) I'm already hitting over 2500. Granted, you won't need to buy the clutch (about 200) and the MSP ECU (250) that I did, but the MPI isn't cheap either.

I think Mark ran the MPI on his car, but he went to an FMU / O2 clamp setup because it was so much simpler.. and he's running like 5psi so the tuning isn't as critical.

haven't switched yet...not sure...i'd really like to get the tuning down...it just is so much more difficult with an auto...i may be adding an extra injector to help with maxed out stockers...to me it would be so much more easy to tune! i spoke with tony about it the other night and he agrees..

Captain KRM P5 said:

You don't read minds? :bs:

bazooka joe said:
haven't switched yet...not sure...i'd really like to get the tuning down...it just is so much more difficult with an auto...i may be adding an extra injector to help with maxed out stockers...to me it would be so much more easy to tune! i spoke with tony about it the other night and he agrees..

You are maxing out your injectors? yikes. I guess it is different with the auto. The MSP has the same injectors as the P5 so I'll be using my stock injectors to run 4-5psi to get up and running.

bazooka joe said:

I'm going to look into going the MSP turbo set up I think I could wing it with 1500-2000 easily

GMalatrasi said:
I wouldnt be so sure but good luck...

well the thing is there is a member on the fourms that has a custom msp turbo setup and he's got tons and I mean tons of parts lying around in his garage. he's been through 2 turbo setups already.

GMalatrasi said:
Well then you're a lucky bastard... Lol

oh I would be giving him money for the parts but its still going to cost me an arm and a leg, plus I still need to contact lentech regarding parts for a stronger transmission

Matthew1785 said:
I'm going to look into going the MSP turbo set up I think I could wing it with 1500-2000 easily

you'll still need some sort of ems to run the msp setup!

Yeah, the price does run up quickly. I missed my chance on buying some complete turbo kits over the summer because I hesitated so I have pretty much spent the last 3-4 months peicing everything together. If I can remember correctly it's gone like this:

MSP Turbo ~ $300
MSP ECU ~ $200
MSP Exhaust Manifold ~ $100
Tapped Mazda Motorsports Oil Pan ~ $100
Corksport S and J-pipes ~ $200
MAM FMIC Setup ~ $1000
Cermaic Coated Turbo Housing ~ $100
Misc. Gaskets and Hardware ~ $100

So with all that I'm around $2100 already and I don't have a clutch (I'm hoping the stock P5 one will work for a while) or a decent exhaust nor do I have a boost or wideband O2 gauges (which are really needed). I'm estimating that by the time I am finished it'll probably be nearer to $3000 but that's still cheaper than Hiboost. Granted, this does not include all the money I have spent on N/A mods that are carrying over and probably forged internals when I realize 6 psi just isn't enough. It's an expensive hobby as I have been told many times and I'm cringing already at the amount of money I have already spent... Good luck.

Back