Funkalicious21's Protege5 Build/Progress Thread~!

First off, love your build!!!
I can't wait to see this engine bay done!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats going on with the rad. support? Looks pretty mangled in a couple of the pictures.

*Signature Sound*and then had just enough time to put the big brake kit on to find out the current wheels hit the caliper...

20121007_192239.jpg

Uhm.... Are the slots pointed wrongly?.........

rotor4.jpg

Chips on the caliper??????????????

Last edited:
^The calipers are probably gonna be coated.

May be true, but still. I'd be one furious customer having just spent that kind of money on nice things to see them chipped up like that already. Dimples in the metal now.

Thanks CleverFrog for being concerned for me, but the calipers are getting recoated. so no worries about it. I made him put the rim on to see the clearance of the wheels when mounted on, so my fault. I'm not sweating it. No need to question the attention to detail from the people at Signature Sound. I would believe that the pictures would explain everything themselves.

Thank you for point out the slots, i'll have to ask Noah from AAC about that.

Last edited:
There are still lots of things unfinished. You can pick out details all you want, but once again it's a unfinished product hence, work in progress. I like to have pictures to show progress and to keep followers entertained, not to stage a final product. But constructive criticism are always welcome and I like it when people speak their minds.

Last edited:
^ No worries.

Looked like he had planned on talking to Noah about it, as if he thought there possibly was an issue.

to my knowledge there is no issue - pm me if you think there is one and i can talk to coleman about it

Thank you for point out the slots, i'll have to ask Noah from AAC about that.

You have the rotor on the wrong side. Just switch the rotors around, and they'll be pointing in the correct direction.

I was under the same impression that's why I asked. But the slot direction does not matter. The veins however should lean towards the rear.

Thanks Noah!

Sub. I hope you see some enticing torque numbers with that 626 mani or something, IMO it looks awesome compared to the 505.

Can't wait to see this thing run wish u were doing a regular 2.0 protege intake mani that was ported like jdm Sam does to see the dyno numbers

Fuad, The 505 Intake Manifold has been already compared to the stock manifold. There's lots of evidence of baseline increase from the original 505 intake manifold thread. I'm really glad that we can still test this platform. It's been 10 years since this car has been out!

Ill see if I can give you guys an update. I apologize, I've been busy with school kicking my butt and work. Doesn't seem like my schedule will clear up any time soon, maybe not until january.

Back