2017~2024 Fuel system cleaning

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
I have a 2019 CX-5 GTR with ~15K miles on it. I came from a 2012 Mini Cooper S and it was notorious for having high carbon build up on the top of the valves because of the direct injection fuel and turbo engine. The dealers actually provided a walnut blasting service it was such a common problem.

My question is what can I expect for the frequency (if at all) for a similar or any other related type service or cleaning on the this engine design with the turbo?

My CX7 MAZDA TURBO was running like new when I sold it a ~ 88,000 miles. I do believe MAZDA has little issues with that. Ed

Well, fuel system is seperate. Valve build up issues is more of a vacuum/pcv system factor. You should be using a head cleaner sprayed into a vacuum line and in the fresh air hose attachment on the intake/airbox hose (past the MAF). It's easy enough to do and can be done before an oil change. Importantly when used in the vac lines it's good for cleaning the pcv valve and the vacuum pump.

CRC gdi valve cleaner is what I like to use because it doesnt stall the engine, therefore it can be done by 1 person. A cheap fuel system cleaner is HeeT with fuel injector cleaner.. or if you want good s*** that will clean into the cat, G2P (guaranteed to pass) but it's like $10. But fuel additives *do not* clean valves on a direct injection engine

Back