Guide CX-5 Battery Installation

It's not. It's all still there. 🤷‍♂️
This’s what I saw:

7738AADF-679D-41D1-9F8B-4E7EE21FC210.png

02E03DE5-4FEF-49A3-82AB-14EDA55B5208.png

Still shows as visible for me. But I'm on a desktop, not mobile. Is it also missing if you view the website as a desktop version?

Is anyone else not seeing the original post by Jack Rabbit on the first page?

Still shows as visible for me. But I'm on a desktop, not mobile. Is it also missing if you view the website as a desktop version?
I'm on my Surface now, and I still can't see the post #1 and subsequent posts by the OP.

Is anyone else not seeing the original post by Jack Rabbit on the first page?
I see all of JackRabbit's posts including the 1st post of this thread in question .

I'm on my Surface now, and I still can't see the post #1 and subsequent posts by the OP.

Can you see any of his posts from this thread? He started this one as well and has some posts in there too.

Can you see any of his posts from this thread? He started this one as well and has some posts in there too.

No, looks like I can no longer see any of Jack Rabbit's posts for some reason. But I didn’t block anybody like I said earlier. Can you check my personal setup from background?

No, looks like I can no longer see any of Jack Rabbit's posts for some reason. But I didn’t block anybody like I said earlier. Can you check my personal setup from background?

No, sorry, I don't have that access. @Antoine, could you please look into this when you get a chance?

@yrwei52, if you could list the browser/devices you're using, that might help @Antoine with troubleshooting. Thanks

No, sorry, I don't have that access. @Antoine, could you please look into this when you get a chance?

@yrwei52, if you could list the browser/devices you're using, that might help @Antoine with troubleshooting. Thanks
I mainly use Safari on the iPhone, and Microsoft Edge on my Surface laptop sometimes.

I mainly use Safari on the iPhone, and Microsoft Edge on my Surface laptop sometimes.
Maybe try a browser you're not logged into. I don't use Edge, but did for this experiment and I can see his posts without even logging in. I'm wondering if him blocking you might cause this. :unsure:

Maybe try a browser you're not logged into. I don't use Edge, but did for this experiment and I can see his posts without even logging in. I'm wondering if him blocking you might cause this. :unsure:
I just tried as you suggested and yes I can see Jack Rabbit's posts once I logged out from the forum. This seems somehow I blocked Jack Rabbit in my profile, but I’ve never blocked anybody before. I also checked my profile and I didn’t see anything that indicates I’ve blocked somebody either.

It can’t be him blocked me either as I should still be able to see his posts if that’s the case. And I’d seen Jack Rabbit's posts many times after he got banned (meaning he couldn’t block me after he got banned to make me not seeing his posts if what you said is true).

Nothing in my documentation stated anything longer than the 3 years in batteries I purchased 2021 and later

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 2.44.02 PM.png

If that’s true, not only the price on our Interstate Group 35 went up from $78.99 to $109.99, a ~40% increase, in 3 years, but also the warranty is worse!

BTW, how come the initial write-up by the OP is gone?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 2.44.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 2.44.02 PM.png
    262.1 KB · Views: 51
Regarding the post visibility issue...Thanks for the heads up, @sm1ke. @yrwei52 please verify that your not accidentally ignoring Jack Rabbit by clicking on your username at the top of the page and then on "Ignoring"...Thanks!

As you probably know, extreme heat is harmful to batteries but extreme cold reduces capacity by about 50% so a weak battery will fail to start the vehicle in cold weather as you may get only 1/4 of the capacity.The other good thing with this battery blanket is that you can transfer it to your next vehicles as it's not a permanent installation. Of course good old jumper cables or lithium-ion booster pack can prevent you from getting stranded. Batteries can fail any time not just in winter and even after only 21/2 or 3 years, I know it happened to me a few times in the past decades! Sometimes I envy people living in Hawaii :cool:
Haha, I had a LOADED Ford SHO
With all the options….massaging seats, ventilated seats,nav, adjustable Pedals, AWD, 3.5 twin turbo Ecoboost.
My point was I had the car in Hawaii, and never left lights on or had a parasitic drain, but 2 years would be all I could get a battery to last with a really loaded vehicle as most trips were short and lengthy highway trips very infrequent.

There’re only a few car battery manufactures in the US right now, Exide、 East Penn/Deka、and Brookfield. Johnson Controls used to be big but they sold their automotive battery business to Clarios in 2019. WalMart’s EverStsrt batteries used to be made by Johnson Controls but now they should be made by Brookfield or Exide.

For your CX-5 GT-R you want a Group 35 battery. For Group 35 battery WalMart has EverStart Plus (525 CCA、$99.76)、EverStart Maxx (640 CCA、$119.84)、EverStart Platinum (650 CCA、$159.84). The former 2 are flooded lead acid batteries and the later is an AGM battery. The only advantage of using AGM battery is it has no liquid so it won’t leak acid, and you can install it sideways. I’d choose EverStart Maxx for my CX-5.

A couple of years ago the Interstate Group 35 / 640 CCA battery selling for $78.99 at Costco is the best buy. Now with 40% price hike to $109.99 it’s no longer that obvious the best choice anymore.
Dealers now charge $300 for
New CX-5 batteries…..

Thanks guys. I'm aware that there are only a few actual battery manufacturers out there and many of the chain auto parts stores have them made up with their own house brand names and model numbers. Probably so you can't cross shop them. Kind of like mattresses.

I'll see about ordering one of the Everstart Maxx batteries and having it available for pickup at the closest Walmart location. What the heck, I may just spring for the AGM version. I know they are much lighter in weight so the installation should be a lot easier.
Dwight the BEST battery now is Lithium antigravity group 35 with re-start.

With a new battery at close to $200 , and the Anti gravity at $835, but lasting 3 times as long, weighing about 10 pounds and not ever being stranded with the re-start feature its my next upgrade. Just weight savings alone is mind blowing. Its why highest end Porsche and Merc trims use lithium for their ICE as to save weight.

So with the cost of 200ish every 2-3 years (short trips, loaded options) I’ll change this once instead of 3 times and have more
Consistent voltage without being stranded because of their re-start feature and its only 16 pounds and warrantied for 5 years.

Cost effective, I would go to Costco, but when mine and my wife’s runs out, Anti gravity it is.

Inflation is nailing us at every turn.

That's what happens when you pump 5 trillion new dollars into the economy.
Its worse in Europe, their Euro is devaluing at a much faster rate.

I Arrived in Germany Oct 2020, where $300 was roughly $250 €. When I left last year in 2022 the currencies were almost equal.

Regarding the post visibility issue...Thanks for the heads up, @sm1ke. @yrwei52 please verify that your not accidentally ignoring Jack Rabbit by clicking on your username at the top of the page and then on "Ignoring"...Thanks!
Yes, somehow I accidentally “ignored” Jack Rabbit and now I “unignored” him and the problem has resolved. Thank you.

Its worse in Europe, their Euro is devaluing at a much faster rate.

I Arrived in Germany Oct 2020, where $300 was roughly $250 €. When I left last year in 2022 the currencies were almost equal.
That may be true on exchange rate, but people there use €, not $. During my recent 2812-mile road trip visiting Spain、Portugal、France、Andorra, what I’ve found is the inflation in the US is much worse than in these 4 countries! Everything there other than gasoline / diesel is much cheaper even with current exchange rate! When I visited UK and Europe many years ago, the feeling was totally opposite, everything is more expensive there! Here’s an example and you’d need to pay at least doubled for the same food in the US right now, not to mention you pay exactly 5€ posted, no extras such as additional 10% sales tax and 20% tips there in the restaurants.

E6E36336-3517-4A9B-AFF1-8E914B9051DA.jpeg

And if you’re shopping for any parts for our CX-5 lately, you’d have to be shocked to see the price for many parts, especially the Mazda OEM parts, has gone up not 30% or 50%, but is almost doubled! 👎

Latest posts

Back