Custom Hitch Cover

metalfab

:
2014 Ford Edge AWD LTD
Looking around the net I didn't find many hitch covers that appealed and the ones that did were a little pricey. So, in about 45min I made my own.

Stainless steel, TIG fusion welded & finished by me and laser etched by a coworker. No photos of it on the CX-5 yet.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Looks great! (thumb) Nice looking welds, too. I love these kind of posts. Of course, with a user name like yours it should be a no brainer ;)

Looks great! (thumb) Nice looking welds, too. I love these kind of posts. Of course, with a user name like yours it should be a no brainer ;)

Thanks Skorpio, I have been TIG welding for maybe a few months, most jobs are mainly MIG. Liking TIG more and more each time as its cleaner.

Beautiful design and fabracation. What is the logo?

The logo is actually my initials AJ, happens to be my wife's as well. Its been my signature since I was about 14 ...30 years now, thanks for reminding me! ;-)

Here it is on the hitch, got the hole placement right ;-) for info sake it's 2.5" from the front of the opening, I also added about 1/16th clearance for the weld.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Nice, I machined one out of a block of aluminum...going to make a different one...I want to kinda make it flow with the rear of the car - and powder it red or black (I have a soul red).

Back