Custom FMIC

It need hump hose so it has more give, yes. Also the 90 going down is held very tight and hump hose alow it to flex more for the engine ( not that it moves much) but also helps the pipes line up better.

I ended up using some marine type adhesive. The jb weld held great on the level sensor but I ran out of that stuff. On the side there were 2 holes I needed to plug. 2 days so far and its not leaking.

It need hump hose so it has more give, yes. Also the 90 going down is held very tight and hump hose alow it to flex more for the engine ( not that it moves much) but also helps the pipes line up better.

I ended up using some marine type adhesive. The jb weld held great on the level sensor but I ran out of that stuff. On the side there were 2 holes I needed to plug. 2 days so far and its not leaking.

i think the real test for the adhesive and sealers we used to plug the holes up will be in the winter when its really cold.. glad to see u got it working though..i made the mount for mine hidden away near the transmission lol, just painted the tank black this morning.. i gotta run all the lines and stuff next weekend when i have more time but ill post some pics up this week of it.

I forgot to mention I installed PTP's freeze plug with the bung for meth injection. Capped it off with a bolt. But its there and ready. :)

Thanx. I am mazda of the month an another mazda 6 forum... May run on this site. Just need some better shots.

If you guys used the same marine sealer as me it will be just fine in the winter. Look back at the original dates of when I did this. It was a winter project for me and saw a few snow storms. The only thing I did wrong was not enough sealant on the plugs the first time around.

Keep an eye out for big mouth #3 thread on one of the forums. Currently working it now for the cleanest Speed6 on the planet and probably the lowest mileage one too.

You had my vote. I hope you get it this time. You might have some competition next month ;)

i know..im just tired of seeing the Protege support basically every month so im entering every month lol..woohoo 2 speed 6's next month sweet!!!..

so back on topic (lol2)

do u have any datalogs of ur Boost Air temps, i have a ton and im going to post them very soon in the GB thread, just wondering for comparision.

What kind of log are you looking for? I can do one tomarrow.

True. Seems like 90% of the cars entering are protege's. Time for us to show them who is boss :)

do a log of ur boost air temp.. like say in 3rd 4th gear drving around normally for about a minute and then get on it.. i did one early in the morning on my way to NY the other day at 5am.. it was 60 degrees out.. car was warmed up.. driving around till i got to route 44 i was about 94-98 degrees and when i got on it i was seeing boost air temps as low as 83 degree's.. but what was weird and also very good was on my way home it was about 82 degrees out and i was still seeing driving around temps below 110 degree's..on the highway with the AC on i was about 108-112 degree's the whole time but if someone was right in front of me it shot up to as high as 122 degree's.. not too bad considering with the cp-e FMIC i never saw temps below 115 degree's unless during winter..

Last edited:
It will drop even more with a IM spacer and coolant bypass. It was 92 out this weekend. Driving around my BAT's were 112-118. tonight it was 70 out. BAT's cruising was 89.

It will drop even more with a IM spacer and coolant bypass. It was 92 out this weekend. Driving around my BAT's were 112-118. tonight it was 70 out. BAT's cruising was 89.

nice!! those mods are on my list of things to do.

Back