commercial construction question

wow i didn't realize it was a full year ago that i made this thread. i took a pic of the front on the way back to my car today. i'll try to grab another top view from my desk tomorrow

Attachments

• 2010-02-22 17.33.59.jpg
    2010-02-22 17.33.59.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 1,316
WOW, you guys don't **** around in CT. Here in FL, it would've taken another year to get to that point, and we don't even need to stop during the winter.

they haven't really stopped in the winter either. the only time they're not out there is when it's snowing/raining. i'm sure they had to plan their activities around the freezing temps but they're out there pretty much every day

I wonder what they are building.

hopefully not more eateries that nobody will go to because nobody lives in downtown hartford.

the exterior is done. they planted trees, painted parking lines, and the sidewalk is even open for pedestrians. the inside is still gravel floors and everything exposed so it's a ways from opening but outside is done. i think it's weird that they made all of the roofs the same height despite it being built on a hill. you can see the "pillars" on the left side of the building are much taller than those on the right

Attachments

• 2010-07-15 16[1].35.08.jpg
    2010-07-15 16[1].35.08.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 1,959
can you imagine if they had actually succeeded in getting the patriots to move to hartford, and that they had put the stadium where the convention center is?

that would have been an unholy cluster-f.

also true. I have a feeling that those buildings are going to sit vacant for a while. they probably are charging an outlandish amount for monthly rent.

The grand opening of the first business in this building, a movie theater/restaurant, is this Friday. Wonder how long it will last. Also there is a small concert hall that is supposed to move into another slot. Haven't started anything inside on that yet

Back