commercial construction question

my computer felt the need to restart itself this morning so i checked out what was going on. the excavator got some new fuel so it can resume moving dirt. also a trailer truck delivered a big cargo box thing and had to back it into a tight space.

in the last few days it looks like they've dug a 20ft wide by 100ft long by 1ft deep hole. maybe pouring a slab soon? other than that not much going on

they were out there on the days that it was around 0. most of the people were inside machines but still probably not very warm. those are the days i was happy to be sitting in front of my computer

Yeah, but it nearly impossible to dig in frozen ground. Not to mention water freezing in the concrete before it cures, metals contracting at different rates due to different materials and thicknesses. There are a lot of variables when building in very cold temperatures.

in the last few days it looks like they've dug a 20ft wide by 100ft long by 1ft deep hole. maybe pouring a slab soon? other than that not much going on
today's project appears to have been to fill in this hole. the dirt looks like it may be a different color so maybe it's different stuff but the hole is definitely filled in and there's a steam roller thingy leveling it out

i can. but i don't have a webcam at all. nor do i particularly want to order one. so send me one. and while you're at it send the usb extension cable :)

today they appear to have brought in a new machine to aid in the creation of dirt piles. they have what appears to be a conveyor belt with a big hopper in the back. so there is an excavator sitting on top of a dirt pile scooping dirt from its pile into the hopper. the dirt then goes from the hopper off the conveyor belt into a new dirt pile about 20 feet from the original pile.

i overheard something interesting the other day. someone said that where they are building used to be where coal was processed or stored or something. so because of that they have to do extra stuff to the dirt to make sure it doesn't contaminate other things around it. or something. basically they have to do stuff to the dirt because of residual coal.

also today i noticed that they put a cement thing in one of their holes. big day.

Back