commercial construction question

:
GLA45
outside of my window at work there's a construction site. every day there are people there. as best i can tell all they've done is move dirt around from pile to pile. the lady who sits next to me said they've been doing that on and off for 2 years now (the project had some funding and approval issues). what are they actually doing? all i see is take dirt from pile A, move it to pile B, then a few weeks later move it back to pile A.

maybe they're just farting around while waiting for permits to come through? You need a permit for every little detail so maybe thats the hold up?

then why bother showing up? send the people to another site. the dirt is ok in the pile as it is i swear it's not going anywhere. i'll even watch it for them to make sure it doesn't walk off.

wasting money......if you look around there are tons of projects like that....

exspecially if it's a state funded one with a crooked company that is paying off someone. usually with state contracts there is a date when it is s'posed to be done but sometimes there is more than the company making money off of things

That's the local dirt movers union 103. Don't piss them off.. They could strike. They know how to bury things too.

well the permits have to be at the site before anything is done....including moving dirt

reminds of the state road crews back home in WV....for every person working there is 3-5 standing around 'supervisin'

outside of my window at work there's a construction site. every day there are people there. as best i can tell all they've done is move dirt around from pile to pile. the lady who sits next to me said they've been doing that on and off for 2 years now (the project had some funding and approval issues). what are they actually doing? all i see is take dirt from pile A, move it to pile B, then a few weeks later move it back to pile A.

materials testing most likely.

Are you talking about the site between the convention center and the atheneum?
yep that's the one. in the fall they finally closed the street that runs there. i guess so they could move dirt across easily. or at least they closed the half of it that i used to walk on to get to the building entrances. now i have to go in through the garage.

That was supposed to be a big retail and condo complex that went along with the convention center. I'm pretty sure they aren't actually going to start doing anything with that anytime soon.

yea it was. maybe it still is who knows. it got stalled for a while and nothing happened. towards the end of the summer they started to pick things up again and they've been doing it every day since then. i assume whatever was stalling things before has been resolved. however after all of those months of work it's still just a big empty dirt lot

Maybe they are waiting for the patriots to threaten to move to hartford again.

Back