commercial construction question

that would explain why it looks like there are more piles of dirt there today than there was a few weeks ago yet no holes have been dug

bad day for an update my friend. im in syracuse today. however over the past few weeks it looks like they are actually starting to build stuff. concrete has been poured in a couple of different places, there are some holes in the ground, some parts have been leveled off. it actually looks like a construction site now instead of a big dirt parking lot with random piles of dirt

Take some pics next time so you can make like a scrapbook out of this thread.

hahaha, Jared is getting harassed.
He sure was, classic!

ooo they have cement trucks today. 3 of them. wonder what they're doing.

keep us updated Jared...
LMAO!!!!

Take some pics next time so you can make like a scrapbook out of this thread.

This thread is awesome, I feel cheated that I didn't see it earlier.

What are they building? Parking garage?

We need pics!

supposedly they're building a whole little plaza thing. shops on the ground level and apartments or condos or something above. i haven't been in the office since monday and am off today as well. i'll grab some pics next week

here is how it looked yesterday evening

Attachments

• 05112009.jpg
    05112009.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 114
At least visible progress is being made. They shut down the North garage here, and 1/2 of the south garage. They expect the entire campus to park in 1/2 of the south garage by gample.

Now, supposedly construction is happening in the North garage, but I just see an empty garage with no equipment in it.

As long as they do something. My car is now around a 1/2 mile from my office, whereas it was across the street before.

Well, the plastic covering up the excavated material is used because it is either contaminated or you are expecting steady rain in the near future. The redish/orange machine in the middle runs material through different size sieves and separates it into different storage containers. And it looks like they've pour their footers or maybe drilled shafts for the foundation for whatever they building. All and all, it looks like a good clean site.

thanks. yea it looks like an actual construction site now. for many months before (possibly years actually) take away any material that looks like you could build something with and only have excavators and dump trucks around. that's what the site looked like. then the dirt piles would move from one side to the other without a building material in sight

Talk about constructions sites. Someone looked at the empty lot behind my house yesterday. I get to see dirt piles move in the future!(ughdance)

my phone with a camera on it broke. that's my update

it doesn't really look too different than the last picture though

i've been meaning to take a picture but the reflection of the sun on the window has been making it hard. it actually looks pretty decent now. buildings are up, looks like they'll be done with the outside in the not so distant future, and i looked inside the other day and it looked like there was some plumbing and electric in one of the buildings.

Back