Cobb AP Discussion Thread

there is no point in doing anything with it cause it won't do anything but probably screw things up unless you actually change your physical gear ratio.

they are for determining table to use.

right out of the pdf:

These are the gear ratios for each gear that help the car understand what gear based
tables to use.
Tuning Tips You should have no reason to modify these tables unless you modify the transmission
gearing for your vehicle.

Thats what i thought, just a way for the ecu to know you changed your ratios. I haven't ever heard of any one doing that either, I almost wish it was geared a little lower for maybe another mpg or 2 with 3.65 gas and rising.

I just ordered my AP, and am wondering what a good map would be for me. I have an AEM CAI, 3 inch exhaust that is DP back w/ test pipe, COBB TIP, and colder plugs. I'm new to the tuning thing so go easy on me. Thanks!

Hey guys, Im looking into gettin an AP and so far it looks to be pretty simple as far as what i would use it for.. except for one this.. i can't figure out where you plug it in to..? on cobbs website it says that the plug is right where the little compartment by the drivers side door is and i looked all around with a flashlight and all but no obvious connecting spot.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pulled the trigger on the AP finally! Should be here in a week or so. Going to run stage 1 I guess. Cobb SRI/TIP and a Forge BPV is all I got with 94 octane

I'll be getting the AP as a b-day present for my self, just a quick question...my car is mostly stock except for ProtegeGarage SRI, I will be putting on my CorkSport CBE on soon too, what MAP should I run? Should I go with the Stage 1 or the Stake 1+SF? I use 93 octane.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching but couldnt find anything.

Just got my AP today and got a couple logs for people to peak at. Only mod is CAI (not sure brand, was already installed when I bought the car). Running Stage 1 +SF 91 in Denver. 3rd gear pulls at WOT. I know I need to be logging different things, but just did the defaults. What did I miss?

Attachments

• 2011-04-21-3rdWOT-Stage1+SF 91 2011-04-21-3rdWOT-Stage1+SF 91..pdf
    27.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 2011-04-21-3rdWOT01-Stage1+SF 9.pdf
    30.7 KB · Views: 139
I just ordered my AP, and am wondering what a good map would be for me. I have an AEM CAI, 3 inch exhaust that is DP back w/ test pipe, COBB TIP, and colder plugs. I'm new to the tuning thing so go easy on me. Thanks!

If you dont have a fuel pump upgrade you need it for safety.. I would talk to cobb about the tune or map you should probably go to one of there shops if its close to get it tuned. Or talk to people on here who are experienced with it. Remember EVERY CAR is different thats why if you do get something like that you need to really tune it to get it worked out right

I have a few questions I am interested on getting a AP I have denso plugs, CP-E SRI Nano, and Magnaflow Cat Back, just a simple basic performance for a daily driver. What MAP would be Recommended to run for my car in order to not blow up my internals? Since im a daily driver would you recommend to run a AP?

yes, you would be more likely to blow up your car in its stock mapped form then on an ap with modified throttle and load tables.

OK, so here is my question....
Just got the AP last week, and i'm running a MS CAI, 2.5" Test Pipe and a Catback Exhaust. What base map should I be using? Right now I have the Stage2 MS CAI map from Bova's site installed and was planning on doing the MAF calc's this week. Proper map to baseline with? Should I go back down to the Stage1?

I have a track day on Friday, so I need to get my car sorted. I don't have HPFP internals yet, so I know there is a weak part there. I will be keeping an eye on that.

Cool man appreciate the help with this.

If I was you I would keep boost under 3500 Rpm to a 0 waste gate duty cycle which will get you around 13 psi max, then from there dependant on your mods you can go to town.
I'm sorry, I'm in Vegas and have had too much to drink, my typing skills would be s*** without auto correct.

Last edited:
Just got my AP today. Tried to load a map but every time I select a map it just says "ECU Comms" having trouble communicating with the ECU. Anyone know what might be going on? all the firmware is updated

Ttry another usb to mini usb cord, it might be a potential problem.

ALSO! hate to ask this, not to be a dick too but is your ignition on?

Back