Cobb AP Discussion Thread

other things might change for that map, such as timing or load since you are getting better flow, also will have a slight affect on the maf calibration because it will change your fuel trims. just because it is metered does not mean it doesn't affect your trims in some way. going by your justification if you wouldn't have to change a map for an intercooler cause that air is metered. i mean it's probably not 100% necessary but it sure as hell doesn't hurt.

Last edited:
make your own!!! lol. if your comfortable with reading the entire atr help file, and you know how to datalog you can tune yourself if and only if you understand what each action and reaction will be.

post up what your current tune is doing and someone will steer you in the direction to take.

make your own!!! lol. if your comfortable with reading the entire atr help file, and you know how to datalog you can tune yourself if and only if you understand what each action and reaction will be.

post up what your current tune is doing and someone will steer you in the direction to take.

im dumb...i'll just find a shop to do it

and pay out your ass? if you plan on modding any further its best to learn how to at least make your car run better yourself.

There are many shops that are able to protune with a Cobb AP. It's not like you have to go directly to them.

I hope you're not too disappointed. There are lots of shops who can adjust the tuning, but few that do it well.

tuning is tuning if you can tune one car you can tune another...I'm not one to try and do something that could blow my motor with a wrong setting...I'll leave that to the professionals

Anyone with a Mac been able to download and open the beta files in AP manager? Also, I forgot to clamp down one of my intercooler tubes after I did plugs this weekend. Awesome.

tuning is tuning if you can tune one car you can tune another........

LOL You're showing your tuning ignorance, especially of the Mazda DISI turbo. As for your PM, All Aspects mainly has Speed Density (MAP) tuning experience, where the Mazda DISI is Load based (MAF) from the factory. I’ve always tricked the DISI ECU into Boost-based (combination of MAF and MAP) tuning by manipulating the Load, Boost, and applicable Dynamics tables in the ECU. Fortunately for many, Cobb has implemented the Boost-based tuning capability in the new ATR by simply checking a box in the settings menu. If you have any ATR tuning questions, just let me know.

LOL You're showing your tuning ignorance, especially of the Mazda DISI turbo. As for your PM, All Aspects mainly has Speed Density (MAP) tuning experience, where the Mazda DISI is Load based (MAF) from the factory. I’ve always tricked the DISI ECU into Boost-based (combination of MAF and MAP) tuning by manipulating the Load, Boost, and applicable Dynamics tables in the ECU. Fortunately for many, Cobb has implemented the Boost-based tuning capability in the new ATR by simply checking a box in the settings menu. If you have any ATR tuning questions, just let me know.

So it sounds like you wanna tune it for me. ;)

Anyone with a Mac been able to download and open the beta files in AP manager? Also, I forgot to clamp down one of my intercooler tubes after I did plugs this weekend. Awesome.

Yes, I downloaded the AP manager on my Mac and didn't seem to have any issues getting it to talk to my AP and upload the new files. Now, if I can just find the time to run the cable and put the damn thing in the car.....

You still need Windows for ATR, VMWare is a good solution on the Mac side for that (I use it for the Dashhawk software and configuration).

Latest posts

Back