Cobb AP Discussion Thread

So I took it out again for a harder run and the numbers are scaring me...What could be causing it...Checked the vacuum lines that I changed out when I installed the SRI and TIP. The line going from the TIP to the boost controller doesn't seem to fit right...Could this be the culprit? Thanks again.
View attachment 184344

What intercooler are you running? -40 degree boost air temp!

But seriously, what Bova said. Your AP is f'd.

I just updated the AP before the run...What I didn't do was reinstall the map after the update...

@Zinger- The boost controller is stock, who should I go to for a replacement?
@Sleeper- Stock intercooler...

you need to update the AP, then update ATR and then open the map and resave it in ATR then re-upload it to the AP.

So, I replaced the vacuum hose that goes from the TIP to the Boost controller, reinstalled the map and the initial numbers look good. I was able to make 18psi of boost, air flow temp seemed reasonable... I'm gonna wait on getting a few more miles on this map before I give it another run. It was probably just a corrupted datalog. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a good run in...

Nevermind Zing, I must have been confused. but thanks anyways...Where in Canada are you?

I am not an expert, but this is what I see. The resolution on that log is really low (should be multiple, like 4-6, data logs per sec). You are nearly maxing out WGDS and only running 15 lbs of boost. Seems odd. KR is low which is good, but LTFTs are too high. Did you follow the steps that Bova explained? Either your AP is still messed up, or your tune is no good. If your AP is logging correctly I would be carefull until you get a better tune on the car. Be carfull, with the WGDS already pegged you have little to no safety margine to handle boost spikes.

Yeah, I updated everything (AP + maps). Restored the car to stock, then reinstalled the latest map, made sure I put about 100 miles on the car, then I did the pull. I'm taking it to a tune shop as soon as I get my exhaust. Until then I'll take it easy on her...

well the older APs don't have as good as resolution when logging as the new ones and are even worse when you log that many things as you did. also why do you stop at 5800rpm? go the whole way to red line.

you could definitely use a different tune as you are running rich up high. i don't think you have to take it easy cause I don't see anything wrong, just that a proper tune will net you a lot more than what you are showing now.

Bova, correcet me if I'm wrong, but step one when installing a new map should be calibrating your MAF; if you don't any changes that you make will have you chasing your tail if problems arise. Get those LTFT's closer to zero, then see how everything else looks. Good luck!

Absolutely. Use ATR (you can get it from Cobb, assuming you don't already have it), and the directions are right in the user's guide. They are a little confusing: basically, you get a good log, then go into the MAF tables, and adjust based on your results. There are 4 or 5 (can't remember exactly) different ranges within the air flow continuum (measured in g/sec, I think) that the ECU looks at for fueling (all of this is in the instructions). You just see what your LTFT's are at each range and adjust the tables in ATR. For example, if at one range, your trims are 12, you change the table values for that range to 1.12, to tell the ECU to add 12% more fuel. As a result, your trims for that range should go to something closer to zero. Hope that isnt too confusing; I know there are other guys on here who can probably explain it a little better, but it really is the best first step to take.

Hey guys, i'm using ATR to change my Idle speed. Below are the tables i have changed (Idle Speeds A and B). is this all i need to change? Do i need to edit the Idle Base AC A and B?

Idle A.jpg
Idle B.jpg

Update: Ok got my answer on the MSF. You need to edit both the Idle Speeds A/B and the Idle Base AC A/B tables to increase your idle speed. I have increase these values to 1000RPM, I'm not smoking at the moment but just had a new K04 turbo installed and i want to run a higher idle as a preventative measure.

there is a help file that comes with ATR, i suggest you read that and all your questions will be answer.

Back