Cobb AP Discussion Thread

no dashhawk or AP yet /:

Maybe during one of these orlando meets someone can let me borrow their DH for a few pulls.

Last edited:
Wow. I have almost the same mods, minus the CAI... ETS 3.25 TMIC, SU test pipe and Forge BPV, and I only hold 16 max still. Maybe its your intake, but that would scare me. The SU TMIC must have [close to] zero pressure loss

Today and yesterday my car was holding 17-18 psi which was nice. I guess somedays my car unleashes "the beast inside" and holds 20 psi. Apparently my boost gauge is supposed to punch me in the face or something when I hit 20 psi but it doesn't do anything :(.

Well I used my aeroforce to scan boost which I haven't done in a while and I noticed my prosport dig gauge measures 1 - 1.5 psi higher than the aeroforce. Kind of weird but gives me a bit more peace of mind.

Yah the prosport gauges are not the most accurate gauges out there, sometimes I just look at my AP for the real boost...

Where are all the AP maps located?

Where are you guys getting your Speed 6 AP maps? The main Cobb website only has a couple stock maps and a stage 1 SF map. They have everything for the Speed 3 and just about nothing for the Speed 6.

i've just ordered a cobb intake and cobb inlet pipe, would you recomend the stage 1-SF 93oct, the maps only talk regulation around the intake, downpipe, intercooler, or exhaust, not about the inlets (especially since its a cobb part), i've heard speeds spiking to 20 with just those two mods, also, should i be looking into a BPV as my next mod, i plan on staying street legal and as least obnoxious as i can, so forge is out of the question, when the knob is set correctly, would you say the turbosmart has the best chance of performing quietly and emissions legal? (to me the forge sounds obnoxious) i'd rather sound like an 18wheeler. the hks also sounds a little too rice for me, but will it perform better with stage1sf93?

i'm looking to prolong the life of my car not shorten it ya know, i know forge is an OEM replacement, but the turbo smart seems, well smarter. im not interested in VTAs just in not leaking boost and not spiking hard.

Stock bpv ftw. Works perfectly. Forge is great as well cept I was getting a lot of stutter under wot shifts.

I just got and installed my turbosmart bpv and i must say its a good peice of hardware. 5 min to install and about 10 mins to dial it it for my driveing style, pricy but best bpv valve i think for the mps

Hey Quick, about what year mustang GT was it that you walked? A guy I work with has a 2000 GT that wants to race me.

stock for stock the ms6 will rip a mustang up to '04. possibly at 110mph will the mustang catch up, I can beat my friends 06 GT with K&N intake, and side exhaust from a dig to about 80mph he passes me and i can only keep up with not many lengths increasing but his top end is real nice sounding over my hoovervacuumdaspeed6. cant wait for my Cobb swap and TWM.

no more street racing discussing. that topic is strictly banned here.

thanks

Back