Cobb AP Discussion Thread

Hey, I just got the AP today :)

Gonna install it in a bit.

One question, firmware version on it is 1.3.0.0-8098. Cobbs site has 1.3.0.4, but it lists stuff for the MS3, not the MS6. Should I download it anyway? Is the firmware for the AP for all Mazda Applications, so I don't need to worry about accidentally downloading the MS3 firmware?

Thanks!

Hey, I just got the AP today :)

Gonna install it in a bit.

One question, firmware version on it is 1.3.0.0-8098. Cobbs site has 1.3.0.4, but it lists stuff for the MS3, not the MS6. Should I download it anyway? Is the firmware for the AP for all Mazda Applications, so I don't need to worry about accidentally downloading the MS3 firmware?

Thanks!

No ... the MS3 and MS6 firmwares I believe are different ...

Yay. Finally found some1 to play with on the way home tonight. Not in that way... I was coming up to a light that just turned green and a white 350z was taking off and I was passing by it and he was giving it pretty good throttle and he walked past me so I pressed the gas some and got by him. He then knew. I heard him drop the gears so I went in 3rd and hit it for a second and flew by him. Nothing too crazy. So we then poked by each other for about a mile to we hit about an 1/8 mile strip where no1 was around. We were doing 50 and he got beside me and out of nowhere just nailed it. So I went into 3rd and nailed it all the way until I hit 4th then shut off. I managed to catch up with him and pass him but I think he let off early.

But anywho not a real race but it was great to feel the 93 map hitting the 18psi and throwing me back in the seat while managing to walk on a z that hit the throttle before I did. :) Not sure exactly what year Z it was but I know it was a stick.

just outta curiousity, are you guys seeing an increase/decrease in MPG? or staying the same?

Just did another one. Ran a Mustang GT. We went from 25-60 and I walked on him. Got about 3 cars ahead. Not sure of the mods he had... The look on these guys faces afterwards was priceless :)

holding 20 psi making me nervous

I haven't really been on it too much since I got my TMIC but today i did a few pulls and im holding 20 psi from 2-4rth. Anything I can do while I wait for tune? Maybe I can put my stock bpv back on lol.

if the car is boosting upwards, i do not feel a tune will override the natural effect of a better flowing intercooler through electronic boost control. stock bpv, if it 'leaked' before by all rights will do so now.

how does the car feel? wideband?

I mean the care feels great. Definite improvement with the TMIC. 2 out of 3 pulls im holding 20 psi though. The other times im holding 18-19. 20 is just too high for comfort. Im not sure what I should do.

I mean the care feels great. Definite improvement with the TMIC. 2 out of 3 pulls im holding 20 psi though. The other times im holding 18-19. 20 is just too high for comfort. Im not sure what I should do.

I say hurry up and get that Cobb AP that is your next mod in your sig. That should help you taper that down a bit towards redline.

When you say "holding", what RPM are you holding to? As long as your tapering down to 14-15 or lower by redline, I think you should be fine. I've been that way since last summer when the AP came out on my stage 2 tune and all's well.

Well for those runs I was starting from 2nd at 3K rpm. Boost increased and hit 20 psi WOT @ 3700ish rpm until 5500 rpm when I shifted. I wasn't taking it to redline.

Back