badges

dgraf

can someone tell me the best way to take off the mazda emblems on the front and back? I broke one of the clips on the front and I dont want to hurt it anymore.

The back is stuck on with double stick; you can cut it with dental floss, then roll off the remaining sticky stuff. This is best done when it is warm to loosen the adhesive. There are a couple of pins, but for alignment only. The front is a pain - a bunch of little fragile plastic clips. When I took mine off, I got a mirror tile and put it between the grill and the radiator to see how to do it.

I just took them off too, for the back I used the fishing line/dental floss technique for the top of it and then I just pulled it off. The front there is 5 clips, 1 on the top, 2 on the sides, and 2 on the bottom you just have to push in the plastic tabs and pull it off, it's hard to get at it but with enough patience you can do it. Oh and I broke the top one off too by an accident.

i broke 3 of 4 clips on the front emblems. you'll be fine. mine still stays on and looks normal with just 1 clip left

I just took them off too, for the back I used the fishing line/dental floss technique for the top of it and then I just pulled it off. The front there is 5 clips, 1 on the top, 2 on the sides, and 2 on the bottom you just have to push in the plastic tabs and pull it off, it's hard to get at it but with enough patience you can do it. Oh and I broke the top one off too by an accident.

This is correct. I also recommend putting masking tape around the rear emblem before going at it with fishing wire, because you'll scratch around the edge of the emblem a little bit. Not a big deal, but may as well play it safe.

Yeah the front one has the clips that are a b**** to get pressed. The emblem sort of plugs into these slots like a power plug goes into a wall. If you work one side's clips out, stick something between the badge and the grille so it doesn't pop back in while you work on the other side. I was using pennies, but there's a better way.

Back