Autolock doors?

So can the doors be programmed to autolock at ignition or when a mph is reached while driving? Our VW does this, and my wife wants it on the CX-9 if possible. We are taking back to service today for the TCS Off/DSC light problems and want to ask for the autolock at distance and autolock while driving features if they are both possible. I thought there was another thread that said the autolock while driving feature was also dealer programmable.

So can the doors be programmed to autolock at ignition or when a mph is reached while driving? Our VW does this, and my wife wants it on the CX-9 if possible. We are taking back to service today for the TCS Off/DSC light problems and want to ask for the autolock at distance and autolock while driving features if they are both possible. I thought there was another thread that said the autolock while driving feature was also dealer programmable.

Short answer: No. Automatic locking of the doors when the vehicle is in gear or moving isn't available.

The autolock feature being discussed refers to vehicles with the smart key which can be programmed to automatically lock the vehicle, when parked, once the smart key gets x feet from the vehicle.

Ted

I leased my 2008 CX-9 3 weeks ago, and today the dealer programmed the auto lock feature for me, free of charge.

My C6 Corvette and Cadillac STS also have a smart key, and they auto lock when I walk away, so it only made sense for me to have the CX-9 do the same.

I'm picking up my CX-9 on Friday and trying to decide whether to get the Auto door locks programmed. One question, if I have my smart key in my wallet, is there a way to lock the doors without getting the key out if you don't have the auto-door locks programmed (i.e. push a button, etc.?).

Latest posts

Back