Anyone else getting laughed at?

The funny thing for me is -- even in this 'gutless wonder', as the press and other car owners (fiesta) seem to think, I still manage to out accelerate, brake, and turn almost every other car out there in my commute and daily driving. All while getting 32mpg and fitting in every spot/lane. Let the doofuses laugh, I'll smile right by 'em.

...are cheap to insure....

I wish...I'm a great driver (no accidents ever), I'm 33, I have home owners insurance through the same company, AllState....and my insurance went UP $25 a month from my 08 CX-7! Lame sauce!

thats crazy...I went from an 08 3 hatch with every option known to man and it went down (it was already really low)...and im 31.

I turned a corner in mentor yesterday afternoon and a middle aged lady sitting waiting to turn right giggled while staring at my neon yellow wheels as I turned. It made me smile :)

this isnt a "im a bad ass take me seriously" car....the sooner you accept it and put a bunch of ladybug spots on it the better. :)

Not laughed at -- no, but disrespected -- quite often. As in: "I must overtake this toy car, because I'm in a big shiny (and lame) SUV and I don't like to be behind a nuclear-green midget!" Or: "That's probably some girly girl driving, so I'm being a manly man (with big beer belly) have to pass her on right no matter what!"

At least that's my guesses on what drives some of the behaviors on the road towards me.

So far mine get's loads of compliments. Heads turn....It makes a statement....Like who would ever think the Mazda 2 could look like that. Plus saw one do a half copy cat of mine....:)

Last edited:
Not laughed at -- no, but disrespected -- quite often. As in: "I must overtake this toy car, because I'm in a big shiny (and lame) SUV and I don't like to be behind a nuclear-green midget!"
These are the people I like to mess with on the highway. Oh, you just passed me and then got back in front of me going slower? I'll just pass you... and block you in... and then squeeze in somewhere and take off... oh, sorry, didn't realize your massive POS couldn't fit through there............. my bad.

These are the people I like to mess with on the highway. Oh, you just passed me and then got back in front of me going slower? I'll just pass you... and block you in... and then squeeze in somewhere and take off... oh, sorry, didn't realize your massive POS couldn't fit through there............. my bad.

^exactly

Oh, you just passed me and then got back in front of me going slower?

This happens to me at least 3 or 4 times a day, no joke.

norespectitel128531969725312500.jpg

^ We could make tons of bumper stickers out of this man's words.
I want some of that money!
14,000 smiles over the first year of ownership. No problems and 31 MPG with mostly city driving. 1 First place at an autocross event. Moved quite a bit of crap, and had a few camping trips. My bicycle just gets front wheel removed and the tossed in the back. Easy to drive, handles great and looks neat. Is there anything else to want that I missed?

Glad you mentioned this, I plan to start mountain biking again in about a year or so and I was wondering how well my bike would fit in the back :)

Mine is Redline Singlespeed. I guess when other people see me pull that out they just feel sorry for me and leave me alone. I have a roof rack on my wants list but not yet.

Some years ago, in Newark, NJ kids used to play this game: Steal a small car, sideswipe a cruiser (marked Police car, Black & White, 5-O) and then draw them through a pre-cut fence or narrow alleyway where the Police car would shed its roof lights and side mirrors.

I think that if anyone picks a fight, they will loose it at the first off or on-ramp.

I think that if anyone picks a fight, they will loose it at the first off or on-ramp.
haha, I took a friend for a ride last night through some twisties and he pretty much said the same thing (about cops). The Vic won't be able to keep up. I'd like to test this theory... but not really.

If it was twisty enough where the 2 could gain time, any straightaways would negate time gained on the turns...plus cops have helicopters ;-)

If it was twisty enough where the 2 could gain time, any straightaways would negate time gained on the turns...plus cops have helicopters ;-)
They are small tight twisties :D And, I don't think those small cities have helicopters haha

Back