Anyone else getting laughed at?

I had an incident in my old mazda3 sedan where the guy approached me with a long steel bar, I ended up taking it from him and then he get all sad and politely asked for it back...which for some stupid reason I gave it back to him as I was leaving but I got a dent on my door from him leaning into my car asking for it back.....Stupid toledo road rage incidents. My new rule is dont get out of the car unless youre prepared to kill or be killed.

@XCLR8TN
Bay Area of California. Whats a CCW?

@Yurich
Yeah, I looked into those but they're illegal to carry here. I can't even have a baseball bat in my car unless it's accompanied by a glove and ball.

@Mazdamatic
That was my initial reaction. However luckily I came to my senses and knew that if I got knocked out, my girlfriend was alone.

I'm sure they think their Malibu is straight gangsta.

Last edited:
CCW is a concealed weapon permit (a gun). Legal in many states but probably not in CA, so then only thugs with illegal guns are going to be packing when its innocent vs thugs ;P

(gun)(gun)(gun)

Funny, you sound like my dad. A proud NRA member. I'll have to find out what I can keep in the car without getting busted during an inevitable traffic stop.

Funny, you sound like my dad. A proud NRA member. I'll have to find out what I can keep in the car without getting busted during an inevitable traffic stop.

<----- Proud NRA member LOL.

No CA does have CCW. Only Illinois and DC completely ban CCW. But im sure its not the easiest to get out there because they are a "May Issue" state, which means they may issue you one.... or they may not lol.

I drive a cute car. If you are a man and you are unwilling to come to terms with the fact that you drive a cute car, you have bigger problems with your masculinity and gender identity than a car can solve.

My ex told me she didn't like the 2. She also supposedly made fun of my Miata behind my back. Oh well lols.

Girl I recently started dating said my car is gay. I told her that her FACE is gay. So it's going well!

I think it's funny, actually. I see my 2's smiling grill, hear it rev'ing, then think to myself "Now if I could make this faster, louder, and still keep that innocent, cute appeal to it, this will probably be the most incognito car in town." Mind you more than 70% of my city's population is Asian and more than 50% of that group has a "rice rocket." What better way to stand out? Cute? Tell that to my rear bumper as I pass by.

Eh I've always had a thing for wagons/hatchbacks. I guess it's because when I was growing up and my family was still nuclear we had a Datsun 610 wagon. Anyway, people have always sort of laughed at my love for 5 doors ever since I got a Protege5 back in 2004.

Eh I've always had a thing for wagons/hatchbacks. I guess it's because when I was growing up and my family was still nuclear we had a Datsun 610 wagon.

Dale may be on to something since there's also a fascination for SUV/CUVs in the US. I've always said SUV/CUVs are just glorified station wagons. Think back to the huge wagons of the 70's and double their height, you have a SUV/CUV. My spouse has an SUV.

One other oddity, there are a few of us M2 owners on the board who also own older Miatas.

Tell your friends to take a look at this video and tell 'em to shut the hell up. :)

Skulls, that story...just wow dude. How did everything turn out? I mean, did the idiots just drive away finally or were you able to back up and leave somehow? Either way, glad to hear you're both alive. The world is crazy nowadays. I won't lie, if some guy even thought about touching my girl, the city would be cleaning his bloody corpse off the ground. Hit my car, fine, challenge me, fine, those things I can solve with insurance or cops. Touch me or my girl though, and you'd better have a gun because that's the only way you'll win.

well well well. so ive been to 3 car meets/shows this past month and ppl were starring at the 2.

most commented on how it looks like itd be a sweet trackstar.

most complained that i didnt have it lowered (yet)

but so far. its growing on ppl. even if they wont admit it :p

I have had my 2 for a few weeks now an i have gotten alot of compliments about it minus the few bad ones at work saying it looks like a RC car with that huge antenna but thats ok like everyone i just rub in how lil i pay for gas

I have had my 2 for a few weeks now an i have gotten alot of compliments about it minus the few bad ones at work saying it looks like a RC car with that huge antenna but thats ok like everyone i just rub in how lil i pay for gas

+1 Mostly compliments ... and easy at the gas pumps.

Welcome to a fellow Ontarian! What colour is your ride? Any plans for modifications or upgrades? In what part of the province are you located? Sorry for all the questions!

New member here.

I'll be picking up my M2 in a week or two and am already prepared to get laughed at.

Then again, considering the two vehicles I own now are a light blue '92 Celica and an '11 Ninja 250R, I'm kind of used to it at this point.

My OT2 (Other Than 2) is a Miata. Who cares? They handle very well, are cheap to insure, maintain and operate, and they both race. If you do not race, your opinion means nothing to me. You are all moving chicanes during my commute, and if you need to compensate, then you need to find another audience. That's all!

Back