Aluminium Intercooler Pipe Kit - DIY FMIC inside

pardon my dirty a$$ engine bay, the car has been sitting for a while. Heres a few pics right after I finished installing it earlier. I still have to hook up the recirc hose, but I dont have the elbow yet. Install was very stright forward, a 5 of 10 in the difficulty factor, just use common sense and roll through the steps. Thanks again Ken, Ill have a tracking number for you(red couplers) tomorrow. When should those recirc hose elbows ship out too??

046-2.jpg

048-2.jpg

051-2.jpg

052-3.jpg

what core did u get?

That was all i purchased. The size i got was metric though. M6 x 1.00 x 30 is perfect. If you want to shop options, just bring a bolt with you to lowes and use there sizing guide on the shelf. That particular size is just long enough with not a lot of extra and an exact match to the stock bolt, just longer. Get the M6 nuts with the poly insert so they torque down tight too...good luck

i got mine by ups today and I planned on putting it on today but there is only one long coupler and no clamps??? Are these coming separate? That seems kinda odd or am I just missing stuff?

i got mine by ups today and I planned on putting it on today but there is only one long coupler and no clamps??? Are these coming separate? That seems kinda odd or am I just missing stuff?

seems like the clamps come in a seperate box and the coupler needs to be cut by you when you install the kit and front mount. i would suggest using the coupler material sparingly to insure you have enough for the front mount. look at the pics of....i cant remember his screenname....he has pics of it all done.

I received my couplers yesterday and should get the rest tomorrow says UPS.

me too!!

my car already has the bumper off and everything ready for the install :) It should take me about 30-45 minutes to install this since the car is just chilling in the garage waiting.

i believe some people (maybe all?) are receiving them separately but i could be full of crap here? (dunno)

Every kit has more than one box. You do not cut anything, I have said this here and in the install thread. there is a larger box with the pipes an core, and a smaller box that comes with the remainder of the couplers through us mail. If you ordered tbolts those come in the smaller box as well. Do not cut the long coupler.

i had to cut off about an inch from the long coupler Ken. But I had my own core, so maybe it all just depends on each persons kit.

When should the clamps and recirc tube elbow be getting here?? Thats my only question. :)

I haven't gotten a pm back from you ken. Still wondering if you are going to send the silicone hose

yes absolutely, sorry about that. was viewing the forums this morning on the iphone and missed some of my PMs.

strick, kit looks good installed. i had thought you were going to reangle the flange at your machine shop, however i'll send the elbow and two clamps.

Every kit has more than one box. You do not cut anything, I have said this here and in the install thread. there is a larger box with the pipes an core, and a smaller box that comes with the remainder of the couplers through us mail. If you ordered tbolts those come in the smaller box as well. Do not cut the long coupler.

ahhh...so the couplers look like one large tube but its not. lol. tricky camera work. you guys....lol.

Back