Aluminium Intercooler Pipe Kit - DIY FMIC inside

Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P
EDIT - kit is now prepping for shipment. Order HERE : http://siteground207.com/~protegeg/product_info.php?products_id=1652

one week left for promotional pricing!!! if you want a full kit price PM ME!!!

We've been seeing alot of requests for a DIY intercooler pipe kit for the mazdaspeed3, so we're making one. We'll be offering a full FMIC kit based off these pipes, but for those looking to do their own setup on a budget and get all aluminium big diameter pipes - look no further :)

The kits are two weeks away from completion and will include all cold and hotside piping needed to make a complete FMIC kit. couplers and clamps will be included with every kit. The factory BPV flange will be welded on. The kits will work on all Mazdaspeed3s including the GT model. Retail price will be $300, I want to intro them and blow them out to you guys at $250 shipped. With the right core, you've got yourself a front mount intercooler for under $500. Not too shabby ;)

Fire away folks. If you want to secure a kit, let me know. I'm testing the waters with a small quantity and am certain they're not going to sit for very long.

Attachments

• IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,040
Last edited:
PG FMIC kit Ken? (2thumbs) (yes) i may be VERY interested in this... for now im in.

Last edited:
Ken, you're pissing me off. I barely have the money saved for some decent wheels & tires, dagblammit.
(smash)(no)(confused)

youve got my attention. What size is the piping? And what size core needs to be puchased? So I can start shopping cores. Thanks

Like the man stated above. we shud find the exact deminsions of the Cobb of exhaut depot core. n jus get one same size ; ) this is great =]

2.5 inch mandrel bent is the piping. so whether you have big turbo or small turbo, you're going to have maximum flow. i'll get the exact specs on the core for you guys.

KEN!!!! nice job!
i am in!

will you have a 2.25" option?!?!?

powder coating?!?!

good news!

Last edited:
seems like copying cobb's or cpe's core sizes would be a good idea and the cpe kit does go with the 2.25 pipes - i know turbo xs's core has been called too big by a few folks..

seems like copying cobb's or cpe's core sizes would be a good idea and the cpe kit does go with the 2.25 pipes - i know turbo xs's core has been called too big by a few folks..

i'm not going to copy any one kit. i'd rather not get sued by another manufacturer. :) we'll publish some general guidelines for those who are going with their own core rather than ours, and leave the rest to them.

KEN!!!! nice job!
i am in!

will you have a 2.25" option?!?!?

powder coating?!?!

good news!

right now, 2.5 is the only option. powder coating is available in all colors.

i'm not going to copy any one kit. i'd rather not get sued by another manufacturer. :) we'll publish some general guidelines for those who are going with their own core rather than ours, and leave the rest to them.

right now, 2.5 is the only option. powder coating is available in all colors.
Do you have a core for sale that goes with this kit?? and will it work with CAI.

And maybe some pics of how the pipes are routed in the engine bay..

Last edited:
Do you have a core for sale that goes with this kit?? and will it work with CAI.

And maybe some pics of how the pipes are routed in the engine bay..

we will have a core that goes with this yes. i'll get some routing images for you guys very soon.

Here's some info on the Cobb kit for those with questions. Listed core size is 24" x 3.5" x 7.9".

I am trying to work with a local Mazda dealer to purchase an out of state Speed3, currently have a MkIV GTi. I purchased a generic FMIC kit for the GTi, but that didn't get anywhere. The core I have is 28" x 2.5" x 8" and would like to use it with this kit. As a question/suggestion, would it be possible to have the pipes long enough to fit a wider intercooler but with reinforced silicone hoses to mate with shorter ones? (Possible the installer could trim the hoses to fit.) Or will the pipes be cut to fit a specific length intercooler?

Thanks for supporting the aftermarket of these fantastic cars!

Edit: Re-read earlier about cores being same width as Cobb's. If I may add though, fitting pipes that would allow a bit more flexibility with cores may increase sales. Not saying it will, and I know you'll be offering a kit with a core. If your kit prices are good with the core then even better. Just running through ebay I found some 27" cores going for under $100.

Last edited:
here's some info on the cobb kit for those with questions. Listed core size is 24" x 3.5" x 7.9".

I am trying to work with a local mazda dealer to purchase an out of state speed3, currently have a mkiv gti. I purchased a generic fmic kit for the gti, but that didn't get anywhere. The core i have is 28" x 2.5" x 8" and would like to use it with this kit. As a question/suggestion, would it be possible to have the pipes long enough to fit a wider intercooler but with reinforced silicone hoses to mate with shorter ones? (possible the installer could trim the hoses to fit.) or will the pipes be cut to fit a specific length intercooler?

Thanks for supporting the aftermarket of these fantastic cars!

Edit: Re-read earlier about cores being same width as cobb's. If i may add though, fitting pipes that would allow a bit more flexibility with cores may increase sales. Not saying it will, and i know you'll be offering a kit with a core. If your kit prices are good with the core then even better. Just running through ebay i found some 27" cores going for under $100.

keep the gti!!!!

Back