2016.5 CX-5 Caliper Issue

rolo22

:
Mazda CX-5
Good Morning All,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with a caliper issue I am facing. After reading through a couple threads here I realized theres a TBS for a problem with the EBS. However, my car is out of warranty and the dealers I've called have said if the issue is not a recall then the customer has to pay for it. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I try to escalate things?

A TSB is an internal document the sole purpose of which is to advise dealers of repair procedures for known problems. It's purpose is to facilitate speedy and accurate diagnosis of this kind of issue and provide a standardized repair procedure. It has nothing to do with whether the repair is warrantable or not. If your car is out of warranty and the issue was never part of a safety recall, you'll just have to buck up and pay for the repair. Contacting Mazda customer service might be worth a call as you may get them to cut you some slack if the car is not too far out of warranty, but don't hold your breath.

A TSB is an internal document the sole purpose of which is to advise dealers of repair procedures for known problems. It's purpose is to facilitate speedy and accurate diagnosis of this kind of issue and provide a standardized repair procedure. It has nothing to do with whether the repair is warrantable or not. If your car is out of warranty and the issue was never part of a safety recall, you'll just have to buck up and pay for the repair. Contacting Mazda customer service might be worth a call as you may get them to cut you some slack if the car is not too far out of warranty, but don't hold your breath.

Exactly what paris1 said. It is not a recall, just a "Technical Service Bulletin" to the service personnel so that they can expedite the repair process for a common failure point.

Good Morning All,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with a caliper issue I am facing. After reading through a couple threads here I realized theres a TBS for a problem with the EBS. However, my car is out of warranty and the dealers I've called have said if the issue is not a recall then the customer has to pay for it. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I try to escalate things?
Like previous posters have said, TSB is not a safety recall.

The TSB associated with the EPB dragging issue due to poorly manufactured rear calipers is only for 2016 CX-5. You may have similar issue but at least its not on the MY listed in the TSB. What kind of EPB problem do you have on your 2016.5 CX-5? And you can always contact Customer Experience Center at Mazda North American Operations like paris1 suggested seeking for help if your EPB problem has been diagnosed and confirmed by a Mazda dealer.

Back