2015 CX-5 noise when unlocking door at morning

I would only have it replaced if it does it constantly. That was the case with mine. Otherwise they're prying apart trim pieces and you have the potential for creating rattles.

That's a primary reason I haven't pushed dealer on issue... I really don't want trim getting torn apart to create some other noise. Mine squawks about 1 out of 10 times. Mainly just the driver door these days. I don't really think about it anymore.

That's a primary reason I haven't pushed dealer on issue... I really don't want trim getting torn apart to create some other noise. Mine squawks about 1 out of 10 times. Mainly just the driver door these days. I don't really think about it anymore.

Has anyone had a squawking door lock actuator fail? If the noise is just a noise and not an indicator of future failure, I definitely agree that it's best to leave it as is.

I had the hood cowl TSB done and they worked around the windshield and assorted parts around there to do it. Ever since then I've had some little rattles appear from the forward dash when going over textured roads, or at highway speeds. Impossible to say if thats the cause, but I kind of wish I hadn't bothered.

Back