10% Ethanol Gas at Quicktrip

My question is WHY? If it doesn't reduce the price and because it's taking our cornfields to produce it and causing problems there, shouldn't we stop?

It isn't really cheaper anywhere else. Sure, the government subsidizes it in other states making the price per gallon less, but you're still paying more through the back door in taxes to subsidize it and the increase in food prices due to the growing demand for corn. So you're getting screwed seven ways from Sunday.

But that's government for you. Note that they had to lower fuel quality standards for this to even be sold in our state. Don't tell me its the same quality, I refuse to believe it. It is easier for those in other states to believe that its just the same if it costs 40cents less/gallon because of subsidies.

So I'll keep buying real gas where ever I can still find it.

In southern Wisconsin, you can't get anything but the 10% blend. I know it's required in Milwaukee, and it's everywhere in Madison as well.

Well the Milwaukee and Madison area also require emission testing, everywhere else in Wisconsin they don't require that so that's where you usually see the 100% premo gas.

Last edited:
Well the Milwaukee and Madison area also require emission testing, everywhere else in Wisconsin they don't require that so that's where you usually see the 100% premo gas.

Just Milwaukee. I lived in Dane County for 12 years and never had to get a car emissions tested. Well, to be fair, I was only old enough to drive for 8 or so of those years.

Did you read my previous post....Your milage did exacty what it was supposed to.
E85 does not produce the same power or Milage per gallon and is also a lot cheaper per gallon.
And your knock sensor was likely going off because you did not tune for E85 which requires apprx. 30% more fuel for the same power level.

Its not plug and play with that stuff..there are some changes that have to be made.

I did read your post, my point was though it was cheaper i still ended up spending the same money on the E85 cause i had to fill up more and the truck didnt run as good, and as far as tuning i had the fuel maxed out on the edge and still got knock, the only way i could get rid of it was at WOT cause i could really throw the fuel to it then. I called Edge after all this and was told that the stock tune was able to handle E85, so that shows how much they know. haha

I ran this in my GTX at 7-10 psi haven't had a problem "YET". Really couldn't tell a difference.
Although my TPS has started to act up lately. But I contributed that to age.

My question is WHY? If it doesn't reduce the price and because it's taking our cornfields to produce it and causing problems there, shouldn't we stop?
It's decreasing our dependency on foreign imports + burns cleaner... regardless of price. That and it's 85% renewable.
Eventually they'll start making this stuff with switchgrass with more enzymes to reduce the production energy/costs.

It's definitely not the be all and end all source for a cleaner fuel, but it's a good start.

It's decreasing our dependency on foreign imports + burns cleaner... regardless of price. That and it's 85% renewable.
Eventually they'll start making this stuff with switchgrass with more enzymes to reduce the production energy/costs.

It's definitely not the be all and end all source for a cleaner fuel, but it's a good start.

As much as I'd like to believe that it simply isn't true. It's hippie bulls***. Ethanol will make us at most 1% less dependent on towelheads who want to kill us.

http://zfacts.com/p/63.html

Drill ANWR in Alaska, dammit, its the only answer. Don't sell me garbage that ruins my underpowered, wonderfully-handling car.

The same limp-wristed whiners that whine about dependence on foreign oil whine about drilling in ANWR (imagine that, whiners whining.)

There are multiple options that would reduce our dependency on those who currently control the oil supply. Ethanol is one. Biodiesel is another. Good old-fashioned car pooling and *gasp* mass transit if it's available (notice I didn't say convenient or timely, just available) are even more options. Combining errands so you make one trip, not multiple. The list can go on.

I'm not a hippie,though I do like to hug trees (but that's probably my Druidic ancestry at play there), but I have an issue with drilling in the ANWR in Alaska. We've fuc&ed up so much in the US environmentally already that I'd hate for us to do it there too.

And buttthrax, watch the ethnic slurs.

Last edited:
There are multiple options that would reduce our dependency on those who currently control the oil supply. Ethanol is one. Biodiesel is another. Good old-fashioned car pooling and *gasp* mass transit if it's available (notice I didn't say convenient or timely, just available) are even more options. Combining errands so you make one trip, not multiple. The list can go on.

I'm not a hippie,though I do like to hug trees (but that's probably my Druidic ancestry at play there), but I have an issue with drilling in the ANWR in Alaska. We've fuc&ed up so much in the US environmentally already that I'd hate for us to do it there too.

And buttthrax, watch the ethnic slurs.

You really should read up on current drilling processes. The are of impact the rigs would create is about the 2-3x the size of Turner Field.

Side drilling technology makes much of this possible. What you are told about oil extraction by the media is, simply put, bulls***.

Not to mention with the size of ANWR and the fact that 9 months of the year it is frozen tundra.... yeah...

But with the amount of seismic activity they have up there, doesn't that just open the door for all sorts of mechanical/structural failures?

(and I will read up on current drilling processes...knowledge is power)

But with the amount of seismic activity they have up there, doesn't that just open the door for all sorts of mechanical/structural failures?

(and I will read up on current drilling processes...knowledge is power)

If seismic stress was that big an issue the deposits would have shifted as well. Guess what? They haven't.

You don't think there is stress on ocean rigs? They seem to do rather well handling gale force winds and huge waves, especially in the North Sea..... jus' sayin'

I love how they say "Why don't we just use less, that'll lower the price." Or not. Because if we used less, then they will have to charge more to make up the price. Basically, we need to bust the doors down in other countries, take their oil, make them refine it, and leave them with busted eyes (they hate us anyhow) THAT or... send Chuck Norris...

it's your call.

I think when America started to be the sensitive happy-go-lucky "peaceful" fair America, we lost alot of credibility. No one fears us anymore. They see us as the comic relief of the world.

edit: Case in point, look at Gov't schools. The principles can't even use a paddle on the children anymore. Teachers cannot fight back. This leads to rebellion. (Wow. Star Wars much...)

edit: Case in point, look at Gov't schools. The principles can't even use a paddle on the children anymore. Teachers cannot fight back. This leads to rebellion. (Wow. Star Wars much...)

This reminds me that our principal got paint balled during Junior/Senior wars last night. It was funny.

Latest posts

Back