03.5 msp $3200?

Well I'm not sure exactly how much I can get out of it...but thought id try to let someone else have it.
I'm selling my 2003.5 Msp that has no engine and needs a trunk lid. Those are the 2 major things wrong with it. It has 124,000 miles on it. I have to sell it as is unfortunately because I have to pay my student loans back, and there not cheap at all!
I'm basing the price off blue book value which is I think $6000 give or take for trunk damage. The engine blew 2 yrs ago now due to a failed oil squirter which snapped a rod and put a hole in the block. I bought a junkyard engine a yr ago but it had a blown headgasket after installing it.
So offers are welcome, or opinions on what the car is worth. I have a few brand new parts that I bought that haven't been installed. I have some extra parts and doubles of some things to go with it to. It does need a downpipe as well, mines gotta hole in it. Extra cylinder head w cams. IMAG0063.jpgIMAG0064.jpgIMAG0065.jpgIMAG0066.jpgIMAG0067.jpg

Aluminum hot pipe for turbo
Radiator
88 duro AWR engine mounts for front and rear
New stock exedy clutch
New fuel injector o-rings

The car is what it is and would have to be towed away. The trunk got damaged and it has a few scratches on the front and rear bumper due to a tie down strap breaking when towing.
I have 2 sets of wheels for it, winter set which tires are basically 80-90% tread left. Summer wheels are the factory ones and do need tires.

Price is as is and possible trades are welcome. And again I'm just basing price by cuttin it in half from kbb.com

Forgetting selling it as a whole for $2000...you can get MUCH MUCH more for a Speed in parts...I have parted two myself and they are worth much more that way...it takes about a day to pull the entire thing apart down to bare frame...you will make a lot more that way...

^^What he said or sell it whole. A lot of people say what they would buy, but when it comes down to it, they won't follow through and then you will be sitting with a slightly parted out car in your yard for how ever many months vs. getting rid of the problem all together.These cars are so rare that its a shame to part it out.

Edit: Big Lou that is.

Last edited:
If you do part it, let me give you some advice...pull everything off before selling it...you will get very overwhelmed if you pull parts off the car as people request them, go ahead and strip it, then sell...stock up on USPS flat rate boxes, most of the stuff will fit in them...shipping is easy that way since you already know what it will cost...anything bigger, just go to the local grocery store and ask for a stack of broken down boxes...$1 Store has 3M tape for $1 and you get 40 yds...everything paid for through paypal you can print a label out through the printer which tells exactly what needs to be in each box...makes it much simpler...and you for sure will get more than $2000 for parts...

Axles: $300 both
Lips: $200 each
Rims: $300
Seats: $300
Lights $150
Turbo Kit:$800
MSP Radiator: $200
Shell for scrap: $150ish

And this is just a tad bit of what is coming off...

I don't think this kid knows what he was doing. I was ready to
come get it and he kind of just left me hanging with a pocket full
of money.

Ok....forcefed: I said I would make the deal with you on the very low price you offered IF you came to pick it up over the weekend, mainly by Saturday. I agreed to the offer because there was a car I wanted...and now the car is gone. Hence the "I want it gone by the weekend" you never called or txt so then I have to make my decision. All your gonna do is buy it then part it out. So why can't I part it out? An offer of $1500 when your going to part out for near $3000. I have the room to do it, but wanted to rid the car as a whole. But obviously thinking I can make more as a part out. Its my car so its my decision. Sorry if your upset...but it goes both ways!

I do know a lot more than what I'm puttin out there, and scratch has the idea I was gonna do. Toss it on a flatbead, Strip everything n haul to the scrap yard. Its gonna take a few weeks for me to strip everything down cuz I work a lot n only have sundays off. So guys bear with me and ill set something up.

I'm
not upset for the record, but you did change your mind and tune quite a few Times from Thursdays to Friday, and I believe it was Friday you posted you were gonna part it when I was trying to get the trailer together for Saturday still. I just know it's getting harder and harder to find reliable people to buy and sell to on
this site. I know I am almost as good as done here with my AMM just because of thus reason. It is your car, your decision, and I'm not mad at all, but next time weigh your decisions before wasting others time, seriously.
Thanks and good luck man.

Well the thread started with a ? At the end of it. Its no big deal, but it was a trial to see what I could get out of the car as a whole. Yes I did post on Friday that I might just part it out. I sent you a txt to see if you able to get ahold of a trailer on Saturday and you never got back to me. So honestly both of our times were wasted. Just like 5 other people I talked to who said they wanted to buy it but never showed.
Its a car...it didn't sell in the time frame I wanted so I have to make my decision on what's best. No harm no foul, its no big deal.

I'm not tryin to waste anyones time...but looking at figures, I don't wanna put a bunch of money into a car that has a lot of designer flaws. Id just rather find something else. I'm not tryin to be an ass about anything but everyone has a right and time to weigh their options. Sorry if time felt wasted.

Great decision on a part out...if I were closer I would have done the exact same thing...PM me about tranny when it comes up...

I would like to get the steering wheel could you post some pics when you get a chance. thanks

I don't think I'm going to sell the steering wheel and the turbo kit. Gotta rotary project goin on.
I think those will be the only few items I won't sell. I'm hoping to strip the car down on Sunday. So hopefully if everything goes as planned I should be puttin up parts n prices within a week or two.
Thanks!

Ok..car is now stripped completely! So parts are for sale. I just have to figure out how to post everything so its legitimately for the site.

Back