2013~2016 CX-5 Rear Diff and Transfer Case Fluid Change: Tools, Parts and Links

I know the rear diff says level surface which I guess I could do by skipping the ramps, but for the front transfer case is there any issue with using front ramps only and filling to fill plug level? I don’t really feel like trying to roll up on both front and rear ramps by myself with no spotter, I can never really tell how it’s going and using 2 sets of ramps makes me weary.
I don't see how you can get a proper oil level like that, unless you rolled it back down to a level surface, crawled underneath and checked it, then put the plug back in.

I don't see how you can get a proper oil level like that, unless you rolled it back down to a level surface, crawled underneath and checked it, then put the plug back in.
78DBFC47-D0F6-49FB-9F72-85751B7FECBB.jpeg
Yeah I figured it out, I have a driveway that slopes pretty close to the ramp incline so rear tires in the garage ramps on the driveway slope, drive forward and front tires elevate to the level of the rear tires which remain in the garage, lots more room under the front too!

Last edited:
View attachment 320045Yeah I figured it out, I have a driveway that slopes pretty close to the ramp incline so rear tires in the garage ramps on the driveway slope, drive forward and front tires elevate to the level of the rear tires which remain in the garage, lots more room under the front too!
ok, looks like an elaborate setup!

View attachment 320045Yeah I figured it out, I have a driveway that slopes pretty close to the ramp incline so rear tires in the garage ramps on the driveway slope, drive forward and front tires elevate to the level of the rear tires which remain in the garage, lots more room under the front too!
Looks like you have only one bottle of Mazda SG1 gear oil. And did you change the gear lube in the rear differential at the same time?

Yeah I had 2 bottles, did them both and still have 3/4 of a litre remaining
Great. Some trusted the capacity listed in owner’s manual and bought only one bottle of SG-1. It ended up they had to find an ride to got a second bottle at their local Mazda dealer for higher price.

Just a bump on doing this TSB if you have 13-16 AWD and cross in water or use underbody carwashes

Latest posts

Back