What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Toyota vehicles have 10 airbags including a driver knee airbag. A scratch on her knee could be caused by the explosion of the knee airbag?
My thoughts exactly. I mentioned that to her when she noticed the scratch, but I don’t think she heard me (she was still in shock).

Well, I experienced my first car accident. Teenager ran a stop sign at a blind intersection and T-boned me (and I had no stop sign). Thankfully, neither parties suffered injuries.Progressive is getting me taken care of as swiftly as they can. Once I get the check I'm going to get another CX-5. Impressive how well it handled that impact! 161K miles on it and it still cranked over on the -25 F days without a whimper.

Wow, glad to hear everyone is without injury. Your CX-5 took that hit like a champ!

Wow, glad to hear everyone is without injury. Your CX-5 took that hit like a champ!
Agreed!

@jakeuten Sorry to hear about your loss but happy that everyone is doing ok. As for the teen driver that hit and ran with no insurance, they are definitely getting a hard earned lesson! As a parent of two drivers (25 and 21), I am dumbfounded, irate and sad that the parents would let them drive a car with no insurance. Dumbfounded and irate because no parent should ever put a teen driver in that situation and sad because this seems to be becoming more of a norm (I like watching Dashcam Lessons on YT). I just hope that one of two scenarios come from this lesson. The first is that the parents wake up and do the right thing and get insurance. The second is that the kids will remember this and when old enough will break the cycle and get their own policy.

Agreed!

@jakeuten Sorry to hear about your loss but happy that everyone is doing ok. As for the teen driver that hit and ran with no insurance, they are definitely getting a hard earned lesson! As a parent of two drivers (25 and 21), I am dumbfounded, irate and sad that the parents would let them drive a car with no insurance. Dumbfounded and irate because no parent should ever put a teen driver in that situation and sad because this seems to be becoming more of a norm (I like watching Dashcam Lessons on YT). I just hope that one of two scenarios come from this lesson. The first is that the parents wake up and do the right thing and get insurance. The second is that the kids will remember this and when old enough will break the cycle and get their own policy.
Yeah...it's a lack of parenting and it seems to be spreading alot faster than COVID in the younger generations.

F714CD71-CBE3-4D2D-B046-4B6148644FAE.jpeg

Relocated the license plate, first and last mod 😅😇

A black metal license frame will reduce the visual appearance (on a black car) of the front plate if that's what you're after.

719dlPowAXS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Plus it's a front plate... OP will need to check to our state but don't think any laws about tinted front. Get a tinted plate cover.

To me it is as close as I can get to a plate-less front end without getting pulled over. My fiancé hates it and it will most likely be undone soon lol

Do what you want but here in Illinois front plates are required. Yet, I've NEVER had a front plate on any of my vehicles and I've been driving here since 1984. Never been pulled over either, for not having a front plate at least. Speeding is another story, but the LEO said nothing about the missing plate.

ONE time I received a warning notice for not having a front plate, I was parked at a train station, I ignored the warning.

YMMV

Agreed!

If a driver is uninsured and parents are home owners you can go after their homeowners insurance. I have some friends who were involved in an accident and the other driver was not insured and they were able to go after the parents of the drivers home insurance. every state might be different but worth looking into.

Well, I experienced my first car accident. Teenager ran a stop sign at a blind intersection and T-boned me (and I had no stop sign). Thankfully, neither parties suffered injuries.Progressive is getting me taken care of as swiftly as they can. Once I get the check I'm going to get another CX-5. Impressive how well it handled that impact! 161K miles on it and it still cranked over on the -25 F days without a whimper.

View attachment 317361
View attachment 317362
View attachment 317360
a person ran a stop sign in front of my wife who was traveling the 55 mph speed limit or slightly under according to witnesses. She she suffered a broken hand, 3 broken ribs and a fractured sternum. She had bruises everywhere and I mean bad bruises. the seatbelt no doubt saved her. the bruise from the seatbelt was insane. The other driver has good insurance and stated she messed up and was looking to the right for traffic to clear and forgot to look back left which is where my wife was coming from, before trying to make a left turn onto the highway. you can see the stop sign in the upper right corner. the other vehicle was a full size Ford SUV and it knocked the front wheels off the ford
IMG_2953.jpg
. the impact spun my wife's car around basically making it do a U-turn

Not today but a couple of days ago. added the rear hatch protector. super easy and that is an area that took a beating on my CRV
IMG_3186.jpg

a person ran a stop sign in front of my wife who was traveling the 55 mph speed limit or slightly under according to witnesses. She she suffered a broken hand, 3 broken ribs and a fractured sternum. She had bruises everywhere and I mean bad bruises. the seatbelt no doubt saved her. the bruise from the seatbelt was insane. The other driver has good insurance and stated she messed up and was looking to the right for traffic to clear and forgot to look back left which is where my wife was coming from, before trying to make a left turn onto the highway. you can see the stop sign in the upper right corner. the other vehicle was a full size Ford SUV and it knocked the front wheels off the fordView attachment 317409. the impact spun my wife's car around basically making it do a U-turn

Glad to hear that your wife wasn't injured any worse than she was.

A pink CX-5? That's not an OEM color, is it?

Glad to hear that your wife wasn't injured any worse than she was.

A pink CX-5? That's not an OEM color, is it?

That's a pic of @jadmt's CR-V after the collision. I'm guessing the pink is just the light reflection from the emergency vehicles and/or fire trucks that may not be shown in the photo. Either that or it's a pink sunrise/sunset.

Do what you want but here in Illinois front plates are required. Yet, I've NEVER had a front plate on any of my vehicles and I've been driving here since 1984. Never been pulled over either, for not having a front plate at least. Speeding is another story, but the LEO said nothing about the missing plate.

ONE time I received a warning notice for not having a front plate, I was parked at a train station, I ignored the warning.

YMMV
I specifically asked my salesman making sure not to drill 2 holes at the front bumper to install the license plate when my special ordered 2016 CX-5 arrived the dealership. Don’t have the front plate on my 1998 Honda CR-V and previous VW Passat either. My 2000 BMW does have one that’s because BMW designed a built-in lbracket for front plate on the bumper, it’d be uglier without a license plate.

I did get pulled over once for no front license plate with my CR-V on a U-turn underpass in Houston where several police cars waiting to stop many cars where they could find anything to write a ticket. I had to spend time to talk to the judge presenting my front license plate. The judge waived the fine, but I‘d to pay $30 court fee.

Back