CX-5 Oil filter specs?

Thanks for the info.

158 sold on this 12-pack, that's 1,896 oil filters!

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) for $2.92 each with free shipping definitely beats every after-market oil filter claimed to fit CX-5!

I wish I could get volume discount like this when I purchased 23 Japanese-made OEM oil filters a while ago.

Man! What a bargain!

These are confirmed as legit OE Mazda and not some cheap knock off? I'm suspiscious with my "too good to be true" alert going off.

THANKS!
CV

Man! What a bargain!

These are confirmed as legit OE Mazda and not some cheap knock off? I'm suspiscious with my "too good to be true" alert going off.

THANKS!
CV
I have the same doubt about this $2.92 OEM Mexican oil filter. Is this a counterfeit which can be found easily from many other countries? Or are these boxes of OEM oil filer came from unknown illegal source? Yeah its too good to be true, and I also believe theres no free lunch. Unless someone can cut open this oil filter and a one from Mazda dealer to compare, theres no way to tell.

Fortunately I still have about 19 OEM Japanese oil filters, I dont have a need of such oil filter right now.

Man! What a bargain!

THANKS!
CV

I have the same doubt about this $2.92 OEM Mexican oil filter. Is this a counterfeit which can be found easily from many other countries? Or are these boxes of OEM oil filer came from unknown illegal source? Yeah its too good to be true, and I also believe theres no free lunch. Unless someone can cut open this oil filter and a one from Mazda dealer to compare, theres no way to tell.

Fortunately I still have about 19 OEM Japanese oil filters, I dont have a need of such oil filter right now.

Theyre legit as they come. I ordered them right before posting the link. Same box, same packaging as the ones sitting on the shelf at the dealer. No knockoff to it, but do what you feel is best for you, I guess.

They*re legit as they come. I ordered them right before posting the link. Same box, same packaging as the ones sitting on the shelf at the dealer. No knockoff to it, but do what you feel is best for you, I guess.

Ok, ok...I gotcha! I'm new here and have only been a Mazda owner for less that a week. I'm just trying to get up to speed on things.

So not all genuine OE filters come branded with "Genuine Mazda Parts" printed on the filter?

Ok, ok...I gotcha! I'm new here and have only been a Mazda owner for less that a week. I'm just trying to get up to speed on things.

So not all genuine OE filters come branded with "Genuine Mazda Parts" printed on the filter?
I can see whats your point coming from. The wording on this eBay Mazda Value MV oil filter does look pretty plain, and its not like other OEM parts saying Genuine Mazda Parts. May be thats why its Value Products which I usually wont use it.

attachment.php

0443C0FD-3D47-47F0-A8CE-80604BE08DB2.jpeg

Bought one of these oil filters from the dealer, don't even come in a box anymore. Happens to be one of those "value" filters from Mexico, gasket wasn't even lubed like the Japanese ones.View attachment 215914
attachment.php

Given the possibility of buying counterfeit filters, and no way to 100% know, I would rather go to the dealer and spend the extra $3 for my $35000 car. Shop deals at the grocery store and make that $3 up.

FYI...Med Center Mazda lists a new updated part number for the Made in Thailand filters. Also, on their maintenance parts page it shows the Made in Japan Tokyo Roki filters for the turbo engines only. I guess they're all interchangeable?

I'm confused! The MV line ebay link does not show my 2019 CX5 Touring as a compatible model. Neither do the other online Genuine Mazda parts vendors when I input that new part number. Weird!

I'm gonna run down to the dealer tomorrow to buy one and see what the parts guy pulls for me.

jC9239v.png

zN9fC7Y.png

The eBay MV filters look EXACTLY like the one posted above bought from the dealer. I have one in my hand currently. Everything is the same, simply because thats what they are, Mazda Value Line, and they work just as good as the rest of them.

FYI...Med Center Mazda lists a new updated part number for the Made in Thailand filters. Also, on their maintenance parts page it shows the Made in Japan Tokyo Roki filters for the turbo engines only. I guess they're all interchangeable?
No, for 2.5T the OEM oil filter is different from 2.5L. They're not supposed to be interchangeable. But you'll see aftermarket oil filters use only one filter to fit every Mazda engine including 2.5T and 2.5L.

And Med Center Mazda lists correct part number, 1WPE-14-302, for Denso Thai filter. Nothing has been changed.

Here are a list of OEM oil filters for different SkyActiv-G engines:

2.5T: p/n: PY8W-14-302 (Tokyo Roki from Japan)

2.5L: p/n: PE01-14-302A (Tokyo Roki from Japan); 1WPE-14-302 (Denso from Thailand); PE01-14-302A-MV (??? from Mexico)

Here're more info on OEM PY8W-14-302 filter for 2.5T Turbo:

also, I ordered from Med Mazda the moly oil and oil filter and just received the package this morning,

I ordered it thru eBay: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

they sent me a made in Japan oil filter new part number PY8W-14-302

(I thought this was suppose to be outsourced to Thailand or Mexico now ?)

Packaging pictures below, oil filter look to be high quality made and sealed, is this oil filter correct ?

UPDATE, just heard back from Med Mazda, seems they sent out the wrong part by accident,

New message from: mazdapartsmedcenter Top Rated Seller(4,546Red Star)
No you should have received part number 1WPE-14-302. We will ship you the correct oil filter out today. Sorry for the trouble.
Thank you,

seems p/n PY8W-14-302 is for the new CX-9

I'm confused! The MV line ebay link does not show my 2019 CX5 Touring as a compatible model. Neither do the other online Genuine Mazda parts vendors when I input that new part number. Weird!

I'm gonna run down to the dealer tomorrow to buy one and see what the parts guy pulls for me.
Nothing should get you confused. Those online parts catalog simply has not been updated for 2019 CX-5.

The eBay MV filters look EXACTLY like the one posted above bought from the dealer. I have one in my hand currently. Everything is the same, simply because thats what they are, Mazda Value Line, and they work just as good as the rest of them.
Thanks for validation. For $2.92 each, it's just too good to be true for some people. Like I said, I have too many Japanese filters so I don't have to think about getting this super deal to stock up oil filters for my CX-5! ;)

No, for 2.5T the OEM oil filter is different from 2.5L. They're not supposed to be interchangeable. But you'll see aftermarket oil filters use only one filter to fit every Mazda engine including 2.5T and 2.5L.

And Med Center Mazda lists correct part number, 1WPE-14-302, for Denso Thai filter. Nothing has been changed.

Here are a list of OEM oil filters for different SkyActiv-G engines:

2.5T: p/n: PY8W-14-302 (Tokyo Roki from Japan)

2.5L: p/n: PE01-14-302A (Tokyo Roki from Japan); 1WPE-14-302 (Denso from Thailand); PE01-14-302A-MV (??? from Mexico)

Here're more info on OEM PY8W-14-302 filter for 2.5T Turbo:

Nothing should get you confused. Those online parts catalog simply has not been updated for 2019 CX-5.

Thank you VERY MUCH for clearing up a few things for me!

Thanks for validation. For $2.92 each, it's just too good to be true for some people. Like I said, I have too many Japanese filters so I don't have to think about getting this super deal to stock up oil filters for my CX-5! ;)

I have more than Ill ever need probably, and it will still be cheaper even if I only use half of them. Lol

Odd that the picture a couple postings above has Mazda 0W20 Moly oil along with a PY8W-14-302 (2.5T) filter. Yet the 2.5T uses 5W30 oil. Why the mismatch?
Snap86.jpg

Last edited:
I recently did the first oil change on my 2019 CX 5 with the 2.5L turbo. The factory oil filter that was installed was a PY8W-14-302. That is what I replaced it with. It came packaged exactly like the one that St1ngy posted above.

I am a little disappointed that the filters for the Skyactiv engines are so specific, I had planned to use the Mobil 1 # 108 or Fram Ultra # XG 6607. The Fram Ultras are so good that you can leave them on for 2 x 5000 mile oil changes. But I will stick with the PY8W-14-302 and change it every time along with the oil.

I recently did the first oil change on my 2019 CX 5 with the 2.5L turbo. The factory oil filter that was installed was a PY8W-14-302. That is what I replaced it with. It came packaged exactly like the one that St1ngy posted above.

I am a little disappointed that the filters for the Skyactiv engines are so specific, I had planned to use the Mobil 1 # 108 or Fram Ultra # XG 6607. The Fram Ultras are so good that you can leave them on for 2 x 5000 mile oil changes. But I will stick with the PY8W-14-302 and change it every time along with the oil.
Are you saying you got a oil change kit for 2.5T packaged with Mazda 0W-20 moly oil instead of some 5W-30? BTW, the picture of the package is from tomcat1446.

Would you verify the type of drain plug of your 2.5T has changed to 17mm flange hex bolt type drain plug from original 8mm Allen hex type drain plug?

Back