What have you done to your P5 today?

Installed a new (okay rebuilt so new-to-me) alternator and belts. After about 240K miles, it was time for replacement. Then to Pick-n-Pull where I got some replacement interior trim, a gear shifter, new tail light, rear seatbelts (thanks, Fido!) to make it all look better.

Forthcoming: new fog lights and front quarter panel. And a sticking rear door lock. Works, but wont lock/unlock by remote. Ideas?

Installed 2001 Eclipse wheels (made by Enkei and same bolt and bore pattern) and 205/55 tires - and found out the rears I took off were down to the belts on the very inside even though the tread looked fine across the rest of the tire.

Stripped her for salvage. Ongoing till tomorrow @ noon when she heads to wreakers.
dee87e4179b86736dde520e013ba4ab3.jpg

Stripped her for salvage. Ongoing till tomorrow @ noon when she heads to wreakers.
dee87e4179b86736dde520e013ba4ab3.jpg

Yea!! I know what you mean !!
Those grease monkeys at the wreckers really can wreak !!

All that dirt, grease, gas and oil and stuff !!
Big Ole Stink !!

(yea,.. I know,... It's a typo, but it opens the door to so many stupid comments...)

Last edited:
Yes!! Finally back to working on the P5! Oh I’ve missed this..

Replaced my driver’s side window regulator, removed the roof rack altogether and put in the delete strips, and rolled the rear fenders and put my summer wheels on. Whew, it’s been a long, hot day. Rip on the paint tho, :( it cracked. Brakes are next on the to-do list

Yes!! Finally back to working on the P5! Oh I’ve missed this..

Replaced my driver’s side window regulator, removed the roof rack altogether and put in the delete strips, and rolled the rear fenders and put my summer wheels on. Whew, it’s been a long, hot day. Rip on the paint tho, :( it cracked. Brakes are next on the to-do list

Crap! Our yellow paint is really hard to roll without cracking. I managed to keep all my cracking under the edges out of sight somehow. Got lucky.

Crap! Our yellow paint is really hard to roll without cracking. I managed to keep all my cracking under the edges out of sight somehow. Got lucky.

Yea I wasn’t so lucky. 3/4 inch long crack just above the wheel well on the passenger rear side. Gonna have to get the car repainted now [emoji23]

Yea!! I know what you mean !!
Those grease monkeys at the wreckers really can wreak !!

All that dirt, grease, gas and oil and stuff !!
Big Ole Stink !!

(yea,.. I know,... It's a typo, but it opens the door to so many stupid comments...)
Lol, thought my cigarettes smelled funny. Wtf.

In other news installed AEM cai and ractive 4-1 headers ! Then went and found another one and msp door sills for cheap ! Got a front lip from an unknown to me body kit ( fibreglass ) that I hope matches my fibreglass side rails ( uh, forgot to photo it, pretty rough shape split not quiet in two )
f999e5d5940d3dc128a620aa4bd2807b.jpg
031ebc52ae5dc78d8c95b4e4eb4bfcb7.jpg

what header do you have? i see that your egr pipe lines up with it. i'll need to buy a header soon but don't want to deal with fitment issues with the egr pipe

what header do you have? i see that your egr pipe lines up with it. i'll need to buy a header soon but don't want to deal with fitment issues with the egr pipe
Well, I have removed an OBX clone which lined up nicely, I recently picked up an actual OBX header which looks to line up okay, the one I have installed in the photo is a ractive racing header.

I also have installed a crap header ( OBX clone on a friend's car), where the EGR didn't line up however the steel was so crap and soft was able to bend it to work.

If you like I can photo the OBX actual header, as that's the best spare I have [emoji41]

Well, I have removed an OBX clone which lined up nicely, I recently picked up an actual OBX header which looks to line up okay, the one I have installed in the photo is a ractive racing header.

I also have installed a crap header ( OBX clone on a friend's car), where the EGR didn't line up however the steel was so crap and soft was able to bend it to work.

If you like I can photo the OBX actual header, as that's the best spare I have [emoji41]

sure yeah, i'll take a photo. i just don't want to have to mess with bending anything to work. im getting old and lazy :D

i keep looking at the manzo header and the egr portion appears to be straight. what do you think?

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Back