What have you done to your P5 today?

I picked myself up a set of AutoEXE 4-2-1 headers from Japan ;) Should be here in a few weeks! Also picked up a set of adjustable Hydra Motorsports cam gears for my car so I can dial in my FSZE intake cam and Corksport Exhaust cam. Car is gonna be a blast in a few weeks :D

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Thinking about adding a homelink mirror. Is anyone familiar with this one? Does it mount to our window mount, or do I need an adapter?

Also, how is it for vibration?
I scored a gentex341 like in my truck with auto dimming/homelink/compass/temp/maplights and it has amber lighting. It had Toyota wider wedge mount but the guy I got it from had the arm with narrow wedge for our cars and I just popped mirror apart and replaced the arm. It is bigger and heavier than the one in your link (like in wife's 2018 RAV4) and with the correct wedge it is solid mount and no vibes. I suggest going thru bob the mirror guy for whichever one you want. He is who I scored both of mine and the narrow wedge replacement arm from. He is very responsive to emails sent to him and very fast effective shipping and packing. He has wiring kits and whatever answers to questions you may have. Very good customer service. I'm sure he can hook you up with whatever mirror you want and just ask for a narrow wedge mount and he'll hook you up. Reasonable pricing as well......... http://www.bobsmirrors.com/

gntx341_01.jpg

Last edited:
Avoided doing any of the work I need to do ( replace bent drivers control arm and knackered CV ).

But completed the very important and horsepower doubling paint matched cowl lol also replacing a hail damaged one. Just curious what it looked it like. Now off to find the cover plugs.

3adfc17efac050ab87fa7dda1e1b3cdc.jpg
1744d4892c0fb68666fa1f83a2c0bc61.jpg

Anyone know a good engine paint that closely matches Mazda’s sunburst/vivid yellow? Looking to paint my valve cover to match, I’ve tried VHT engine enamel, but it’s too bright, almost like a neon

Finally cleaned the interior or rather what's left of it lol. No more dust clouds every time you sit down yaaay:) only 9083650 other small tasks to do

only 9083650 other small tasks to do

Nice, only like 10 things more than what I have left to do [emoji28]

I cleaned my interior like 2 weeks ago, finished painting my exhaust manifold shield and strut bar in gunmetal grey this past weekend, and I painted one radiator bracket yellow but I don’t like the color so now I have to do it over in a different yellow..

One day I’ll start rebuilding/refinishing the set of MSP calipers that have been sitting in the garage for a year and a half.... [emoji52]

I've got all sorts of stuff I could do..........swap bad off brand 13 yr old lowering springs out with the NIB Espelirs just hanging around for yrs, hook up a couple of gauges, remove bumper and lip and make them turn 22v, figure out some sort of 4" HID fogs to go in the adapters that fit the lip, some tint, paint rr lower valance.............but the interior is clean and will stay that way thanks to the wet okole seat covers.

Did the non-fouler O2 thing. Ended up using the lathe the remove the material vs drilling it out. Also installed an MSP short shifter, knob and boot.
i-HcGWd9P-L.jpg

i-8SBJ649-L.jpg

Last edited:
Engine and gear oil drained filled up with 5w30 Mobile 1 + Mobile 1 Oil filter and Penzoil Syncromesh.

New gear oil makes a world of a difference!

Havent done anything to my P5, but I got another one! Scored another 02 yellow P5 for just under $2k. Car runs and drives and has only 68k miles [emoji1360]

Pulling the engine/trans to use in my car since the new one has a rust problem. Will likely part out the rest

Back