Aftermarket CX-9 Exhaust tips?

namrag

:
2016 CX-9 GT
Has anyone replaced exhaust tips?

I have a 2016 CX9 GT. The exhaust tips have developed dark build-up on the bottoms that doesnt come off with average hand washing.

Are there better aftermarket tips that anyone has installed?

Thanks.

Has anyone replaced exhaust tips?

I have a 2016 CX9 GT. The exhaust tips have developed dark build-up on the bottoms that doesn’t come off with average hand washing.

Are there better aftermarket tips that anyone has installed?

Thanks.

you would need to regularly scrub that with some fine steel wool and a metal cleaner/polish to avoid buildup.

if you cut off your current exhaust tips and have a muffler shop weld on some new ones for you, you will have a slightly better sounding exhaust note, but you would still need to regularly clean the new ones to avoid buildup.

Look for MAAS metal polish you can get at Walmart. Cleans up the rust spots and shines up the chrome.

IMG_9122.JPG
:)

Yes please let us know where you got those tips, and whether they are slide on, or welded on. :)

Got mine on Ebay. They are slip on and they stay on. Over two years and they have not moved at all. Only takes like 30 seconds each. Got many complements on them. I believe they were under $50.

Mine were purchased on Amazon. Considered Ebay but they had a tricky return policy from previous experience. These are double walled and slanted tips which I think are a perfect compliment to my '16Sig. Easy installation that bolts over the stock ones. Just as namrag mentioned, my stock tips had also developed dark build-up after a year of ownership.

Mine were purchased on Amazon. Considered Ebay but they had a tricky return policy from previous experience. These are double walled and slanted tips which I think are a perfect compliment to my '16Sig. Easy installation that bolts over the stock ones. Just as namrag mentioned, my stock tips had also developed dark build-up after a year of ownership.

Looking great! would you mind sharing the purchase link?

what diameter tips are you guys using please? inlet and outlet sizes would be great, cheers, Foxy

Thanks! Honestly, I think it gives it more of a zoom-zoom look compared to stock tips. First you'll need a mini socket wrench to get behind the existing welded on tips to tighten. I forget what size mm. Let me know if you need the exact size. It's a tight squeeze but workable. If you have it on a lift even better. Took me less than 30min to install both. Once you have it centered over the existing exhaust you can hand tighten to get it into position.

Thanks! Honestly, I think it gives it more of a zoom-zoom look compared to stock tips. First you'll need a mini socket wrench to get behind the existing welded on tips to tighten. I forget what size mm. Let me know if you need the exact size. It's a tight squeeze but workable. If you have it on a lift even better. Took me less than 30min to install both. Once you have it centered over the existing exhaust you can hand tighten to get it into position.

Awesome, thanks! Plan on ordering next week. :)

Yes you are correct Bingoy, no reason to turn my ride into a rice rocket. I'll admit it's the only part that Mazda cheapened on. Stock tip's diameter does not fit the size of the rear proportions. It's likely similar parts bin as CX-5 and 6s tips.

Back