What have you done to your MSP today?

Yup, the oil sandwich plate wont work for the msp.
On that note, i hooked up the oil pressure gauge today. Its around 60psi on cold start. Also wired the gauge to be on Amber all the time. I hated it when it would switch from white to amber whenever it wanted. Also, found some screws in the my turnk. Damn amp screws keep falling off and one of the bolts that hold it all up came off. Explains the weird noise i hear when i drive around. Today was a good day. :)

Just waiting for onlinemazda to send me the part so i can drive it.

On that note, i hooked up the oil pressure gauge today. Its around 60psi on cold start. Also wired the gauge to be on Amber all the time. I hated it when it would switch from white to amber whenever it wanted. Also, found some screws in the my turnk. Damn amp screws keep falling off and one of the bolts that hold it all up came off. Explains the weird noise i hear when i drive around. Today was a good day. :)

What does it read at idle after the car has been driven for a while? Mine is fine at start and for a little while. But after driving it for a while, it will go down to zero at idle. Kinda weird, because the car runs absolutely fine, so oil pressure couldn't possibly be zero.

Yup, the oil sandwich plate wont work for the msp. On that note, i hooked up the oil pressure gauge today. Its around 60psi on cold start. Also wired the gauge to be on Amber all the time. I hated it when it would switch from white to amber whenever it wanted. Also, found some screws in the my turnk. Damn amp screws keep falling off and one of the bolts that hold it all up came off. Explains the weird noise i hear when i drive around. Today was a good day. :)

I have the ProSport sandwich plate on my MSP and it works fine...

^^Okay. Let me rephrase that. It wont fit without some work. Ull need to cut the main screw shaft to get it to fit.

Matrix - Not sure yet. My car is leaking coolant at the moment so i wasnt able to get out and test it. Ill have it ready by this weekend.

i realized that the moron who had the car prior to me is a goddamn electrical genius. he ran the wire to power the light of my boost gauge directly off of my left headlight power wire. This would explain why my left headlight is not as bright as my right one, and with my sri why everytime i accelerate my boost gauge light goes out then comes back on when i take my foot off the gas.

So i just struck protege gold!!!!

Check out what i got for 60 bucks

the hood needs recleared and it will be just like new, no cracks at all

anybody have a clue about the maker of the hood? The qaulity of the hood seems to be REALLY good actually and its stamped with there logo and part number.

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

Retro fit Project

IMG_1321.jpg

and a brand new timing belt and two brand new rear hub assemblies

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

holy s***, it's the hood I have West Wings EVO CF hood.. lucky bastard.. where'd you get it from, local guy or something?

oh and make sure you have a hood prop kit, when Chris had the hood on the car before I bought it, he had used the stock normal hood prop. and it cracked the hood when a gust of wind came.. so get the hydrolic hood props if you don't already, you'll need them badly

Last edited:
holy s***, it's the hood I have West Wings EVO CF hood.. lucky bastard.. where'd you get it from, local guy or something?

oh and make sure you have a hood prop kit, when Chris had the hood on the car before I bought it, he had used the stock normal hood prop. and it cracked the hood when a gust of wind came.. so get the hydrolic hood props if you don't already, you'll need them badly

I thought the wings west hood had the lil fake side vent things.

but i do plan on getting hood pins, but not the medal post ones, the ones that are the oval shaped taps

but i do have the NRG hood prop kit

but i was sitting at a BK drive thru and he just drove up next to me and asked if i wanted to buy a hood... he said 30 bucks and i said hell ya lol
Wasnt going to let that deal go.

Thats a nice hood. Good find.

Thanks, im still in shock that i was able to get a nice hood, not cracked for only 30 bucks and then all that other stuff for another 30 bucks.

That sounds super shady to me lol

lol ya it does actually haha, but the hood was off his wifes P5 and the other stuff was just stuff he had sitting around.

the guy owns a martial art school and was a pretty straight arrow type a guy, not saying that he def. is, but he just wanted to clear out his garage.

Last edited:
That sounds super shady to me lol

lol ya it does actually haha, but the hood was off his wifes P5 and the other stuff was just stuff he had sitting around.

ok you may want to check this out a bit more, you may be guilty of purchasing stolen goods. Even as an innocent purchaser, if the original owner finds out who stole it, you may be required to return the property to the original owner without being refunded any of your money. In fact the original owner could sue you for possession of the stolen property. So you may want to use some due diligence to make sure this is not stolen goods. Im not really sure what you could do at this point, but i would try to find out.

Me and my friend couldeb get it to work at first... There was slack, but I just put the fitting on the filter itself and screwed onto the shaft and it went on tight.

popped a charge pipe just before a freeway onramp on my way to work, and discovered its time to toss my spiffy "UWM Alum" plate frame. its starting to look like crap. Stupid cheap plastic...

How did you install it?

I have the ProSport sandwich plate on my MSP and it works fine...

You might not have the oil cooler on the msp. That is why mine wont fit. I have a buddy with a turbo'ed protege its a 2.0 and his sandwhich plate works fine but he didnt install the oil cooler that came with his msp turbo kit he installed on his protege.

^^Okay. Let me rephrase that. It wont fit without some work. Ull need to cut the main screw shaft to get it to fit.

Matrix - Not sure yet. My car is leaking coolant at the moment so i wasnt able to get out and test it. Ill have it ready by this weekend.

Back