wrapped my ms3 around a pole :-/

I am just curious what you are replacing this with? What are you driving now?

right now I'm driving a rental cobalt haha

but I've been looking at subaru legacy spec b's or regular legacy gt's. they're very hard to find in manual though. I'm also looking at 06-07 wrx's which are pretty cheap too. it's also incredible how cheap s2000's are now, but the insurance kills it.

I think I mentioned this earlier but I might just buy a cheaper car like a used vw rabbit or something and just get a nice bike for the spring/summer/fall because I've always wanted one.

^^^ yeah a bike is 1 WHEEL drive, thats totally opposite of what you wanted lol.

I was looking at iether the Legacy spec B or a MSP 6 and i went with the speed 6, the 2 trim leather kicks the sub's ass, and not to mention the Subaru has no room in the back seats.

Don't buy a one wheel drive (bike) and/or a VW (two wheel drive) as a replacement to the MS3. If you did that, you would be admitting that your accident had nothing to do with the MS3 being 2WD.

Stay strong and get an AWD car... that will eliminate any accidents in the future! (cool)

What a waste of a car...dude...damn.

I know its been said...but WINTER TIRES damn it.

Now part out the car.

I did all I could to help the car from spinning out like braking, counter-steering but there was just no way out of it in my situation.

It's a good thing that braking and counter-steering is exactly NOT what you want to do with a fish tailing FWD.

But yeah, AWD/4wd is the end-all-be-all for poor weather traction. I want to stop and remind all the truck and SUV drivers stuck in the ditch along the interstate during a snow storm of that. Point is that all cars, trucks, SUVs have 4 contact patches that are the determining factor of how you stick to the ground. AWD/4wd really only helps with accelerating traction. Cruising traction is all about the same regardless of drivetrain type. Worn out summer tires in the dead of winter is not very smart- even if the road was bone dry.

no ******* s***, I already knew the tires were beat for the conditions. you people need to stop repeating what I already know or what someone else already said.

Don't buy a one wheel drive (bike) and/or a VW (two wheel drive) as a replacement to the MS3. If you did that, you would be admitting that your accident had nothing to do with the MS3 being 2WD.

Stay strong and get an AWD car... that will eliminate any accidents in the future! (cool)

(ugh)

right now I'm driving a rental cobalt haha

but I've been looking at subaru legacy spec b's or regular legacy gt's. they're very hard to find in manual though. I'm also looking at 06-07 wrx's which are pretty cheap too. it's also incredible how cheap s2000's are now, but the insurance kills it.

I think I mentioned this earlier but I might just buy a cheaper car like a used vw rabbit or something and just get a nice bike for the spring/summer/fall because I've always wanted one.

I think the insurance kills it for you only. :)

how about 350z? they are really cheap right now. 2007 with 10k miles goes for about 17-19k..

I am not sure why anyone has not said this , but to the original poster, please don't buy another fast car, it's obvious you can't drive worth s***, my recommendations: Toyota Prius.(ugh)

No one has said that because it's a dick thing to say. Don't be an ass.

You mean don't say the truth?

Oh okay, I'll just sugar coat it from now on.

Sugar Coated Version:

"Oh dude, so sorry to hear about that tree , yeah the MS3 sucks for handling because its a FWD car, damn makes you wish you would have gotten that Dodge Viper instead? Oh well rock on!"

I have said the truth in this thread to him, several times. He ****** up, he should learn from this, he shouldn't blame what happened on the drive train of his vehicle, he should learn just what AWD actually does before he goes acting like it would have helped him.

We drive cars. We drive fast cars. We drive fast cars, and sometimes we drive them fast, and sometimes we drive them fast and s*** happens. It is a risk that every single one of us takes when we get behind the wheel, and while we can mitigate risk we can never truly eliminate it. He could have had winter tires on and hit a patch of black ice, or had a deer in his lane, or who knows what the **** else could have happened.

"Don't get a fast car because you suck" is not helpful at all in this circumstance. s*** happens to everyone on the road regardless of skill level behind the wheel, but hopefully people learn from it and move on. You're just being pompous and arrogant.

Sugar Coated Version:

"Oh dude, so sorry to hear about that tree , yeah the MS3 sucks for handling because its a FWD car, damn makes you wish you would have gotten that Dodge Viper instead? Oh well rock on!"

He-he!

I have said the truth in this thread to him, several times. He ****** up, he should learn from this, he shouldn't blame what happened on the drive train of his vehicle, he should learn just what AWD actually does before he goes acting like it would have helped him.

It looks like he is blaming the drivetrain on this Mazdaspeed 3 far more than blaming his worn out stock tires and how bad they handle in RAIN!

AWD or not, bald stock tires and rain will cause some serious accidents.

You recommending AWD is stupid, AWD is a drivetrain system, not a robot that will change his tires out when they're bald, or stop the car from hauling ass around a corner in the rain with bald tires. Come on man.

my car was a little tail happy around a wet turn. I was only going 40 and the rear end stepped out because of low traction with the stock worn down bridgestones. I tried to counter-steer and straighten the car out, but it was inevitable that I would slide out and there isn't much you can do with a FWD car as far as control is concerned.

as far as my next car is concerned, it's not going to be front wheel drive. I need to try something more controllable and more consistent. I want to be able to point the car into the turn the way I see fit. I just don't really see how fwd is useful anymore and how it unbalances cars .

Latest posts

Back