Window Rattle?

katmar

:
16 CX-5 GT and 13 CX-5 Touring AWD
Anyone else's window rattle?

My driver's side window rattles on bumpy roads, but only if partly open. It's fine when rolled up all the way, but if open even an inch it sounds like it's rattling within the frame when on rougher roads. If I hold on to the top edge of the window or jam my fingers into the opening where it slides down into the door (towards the front where there's a gap) it stops.

I'll have them look at it when I do my first oil change in a few months, but just curious if anyone else had this fixed and knows of a specific cause I can tell them to look for?

I just noticed this too. It wasn't doing it for the longest time as i was constantly driving with the window cracked and inch or two, then suddenly it starts rattling.

Sorry to those who share the problem, but then again I'm relieved a little to see it's not so uncommon, as maybe Mazda will identify a common cause easier and have a TSB for it soon :)

Pretty much the only "flaw" I've noticed in 2,000 miles.

My half-open window does not rattle when driving BUT I do notice a rattle upon closing the door - but again, only if the window is open.

Meh...not a deal breaker b/c its dead quiet when its closed

Noticed mine doing this the other day (had the drivers side window cracked about an inch). Had the dealer take a look at it when it was in today (Mazda Corp was out for a separate issue) and was told by corporate this was normal with CX-5's. Not too much of an issue I guess since I generally have my windows all the way closed or open.

Noticed mine doing this the other day (had the drivers side window cracked about an inch). Had the dealer take a look at it when it was in today (Mazda Corp was out for a separate issue) and was told by corporate this was normal with CX-5's. Not too much of an issue I guess since I generally have my windows all the way closed or open.

I generally keep mine closed too, so it's not a big deal for me either. Still though, none of my other windows rattle when open, so I have to assume the driver's window can be made rattle-free as the others are.

Had the dealer take a look at it when it was in today (Mazda Corp was out for a separate issue) and was told by corporate this was normal with CX-5's.

Normal for CX-5s?? What, they designed the windows to rattle? Please give me a break....

Agreed but again, not a huge issue for me at this point. I figure it's been logged and eventually they'll get a TSB out and I'll get it fixed then. More pressing for me is the shaky driver's side mirror. It's actually gotten a bit worse lately.

Normal for CX-5s?? What, they designed the windows to rattle? Please give me a break....

My dealer said the same when I reported shaking mirror issue. "It is designed like that" - this is exactly what they told me.

No surprise here, I guess.

I had this issue few months ago as I can hear rattle when the windows on drivers and passenger side are partly open. (about 2 inches open) Dealer said the realigned the window regulator and the rattles are gone now for your information. However I have very small buzzing sound when window is closed (from the top of window rubbing rubber on door frame from time to time)

i had this issue on both front driver and passenger windows. if it was open 1-2" it would rattle. tech contacted mazda and i think he put some type of felt or weatherstrip along the window track in the door. afterwards the windows would go up and down a little slower than usual but no rattle anymore. weeks later i now notice the passenger window does it 25% of the time but still not as bad as before. might need some readjusting but doesn't happen all the time which is odd.

Anyone else's window rattle?

My driver's side window rattles on bumpy roads, but only if partly open. It's fine when rolled up all the way, but if open even an inch it sounds like it's rattling within the frame when on rougher roads. If I hold on to the top edge of the window or jam my fingers into the opening where it slides down into the door (towards the front where there's a gap) it stops.

I'll have them look at it when I do my first oil change in a few months, but just curious if anyone else had this fixed and knows of a specific cause I can tell them to look for?

I think I noticed this the other day, too. Probably had my windows cracked to let heat out, got in and started driving. It's not a big deal so far, just another thing to keep an eye on. If I need to keep the windows lower than 1-2" that's OK with me.

Kind of reminds me of when people complain about the thunderous sound in their car when only their back windows are open and they're driving fast.. It's all cars, and physics at work, so we need to accept some things in life.

Back