Whirring Sound

2021 Carbon Turbo makes a faint, high-pitch whirring sound. The pitch of the whirring varies with the speed of the car. Attached WAV file captures the sound - best heard using headphones.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!!

How old are you? I ask because I hear nothing like you describe on the recording, perhaps because ears under 30 yo can hear high pitched sounds that older listeners cannot hear. Perhaps the sound is the turbo, do you hear it more under hard acceleration?

Upvote 0
Could this be the dreaded “high pitch mosquito sound”?

Suggest you turn up the radio and chill to some nice tunes rather than obsessing over car noises.

Upvote 0
How old are you? I ask because I hear nothing like you describe on the recording, perhaps because ears under 30 yo can hear high pitched sounds that older listeners cannot hear. Perhaps the sound is the turbo, do you hear it more under hard acceleration?
Thanks, CarpeDiem. I'm 53 and I also cant hear it in the WAV file I posted unless Im using headphones. In the car without the radio on, its very obvious. Might be turbo, although Im hearing it when not under hard acceleration. When I let off accelerator, I continue to hear the sound and as the car slows down the pitch of the whir gets lower.

Upvote 0
Thanks. If it is turbo, would I still hear it when Im not accelerating? I wouldnt think so but I've never owned a turbo before.
I don't think you would hear much turbo sound if it wasn't making boost.

I listened to your sound clip again when I had some ear buds handy. I just don't notice anything unusual. Not that there couldn't be, I just don't notice anything.

Upvote 0
Back