What have you done to your P5 today?

Damn have I been away that long? What the hell happened?

He took all the parts off, then loaded it on that truck lol youre not that far behind everyone else

pretty much 10 years to build and 5 days to take apart and send the shell to be crushed, the rust was not worth fixing and the car was falling apart. Even without seeing snow or salt for the last 5 years the rust was too much and the unibody and strut towers were way to soft. Now i have a basement full of parts and lots of work to do to ship them after i make the FS thread.

Finally installed my oem alarm. Pretty happy with it
Been happy with mine. It has worked great. Did you get the glass breakage vibration module with it too? That thing works very good. I can knock on back window or windshield or other part of car and it'll warn people right away. Had to turn sensitivity way down to reasonable setting. Even bought an extra one for bkup if ever any issues. Love the plugnplay aspect of it.

yeah it came with it and i had an extra gauge surround that already had the led in it so i didnt have to drill anything. love awesome plug and play didnt take long to install and gives me a some peace of mind especially since im going to install a new headunit. (nana)

yeah it came with it and i had an extra gauge surround that already had the led in it so i didnt have to drill anything. love awesome plug and play didnt take long to install and gives me a some peace of mind especially since im going to install a new headunit. (nana)
I just drilled a switch blank for the LED.

so i might "big might" be able to pick up a p5 shell that is in much better condition than mine.. i was gonna fix my rusty quarters and replace the hatch, but if i can, im gonna try to buy this guys part out shell that has no rust but a blown motor.

now i didn't ask what type of trans is in it.. but if its an automatic, do i have to change the wiring to a manual one? my 2002 is manual and complete, the idea was to get the clean shell and just transfer the drive train from my rusty one to it. engine, trans, shift linkage, ecu, cluster? anything else?

may or may not happen...
i asked him if he could sell me just a rolling chassis as he wanted to part it out, id even help him with the partout for a good price on it. figure its gonna cost me a minimum of $1000 to fix the quarters on the black on and paint it... myself.. so we will see.

Every day this week I had the privilege of starting her up for my daughter. LOL While I was out starting the Miata to warm up I'd start the P5. At the beginning of the week she hesitated a bit due to the extreme cold temps but fired up the first time. IIRC the battery is going on 4yo so might be time to have it tested.

most of the rare, big parts have already been purchased and shipped to the new owners. Some pieces I'm keeping and others will be FS after the weekend. It hit me late Monday while i was in the garage taking the front of the car apart after i took those photos what was actually happening but it was time for me to move on. Ill have the pictures and friends i have now because of the car, because of that i don't need it sitting around and rotting its time for me to park both of my brand new car out of the winter storms in my garage.

A good thing you sold them that way, had I seen a f/s thread it would have been hard to say no to some of the parts you had. At this point I'm done modding the P5 (with exception of adding a powered sub), for now I just want to focus on maintenance and keeping her on the road before she rusts away to nothing.

I swapped out the air filter. (drive) Then realized that there was a flathead screw somehow drilled into the intake to keep it sealed...

It won't go back in, of course... *duck tape sound*

May switch to cold air intake if my friend keeps on insisting, but it's further down on my list of new car repairs.

bwa hah ah. turning into a bit of a protephile...

picked up another p5 today for $300 with a very good shell.

soo... this..

and thiiiiiis..

are gonna make a babeh.

silver has no rust and generally good body condition, ill have to fish two doors and a front quarter from the black on, possibly the hood from the black one as it doesnt have a dent on the crease like silver does. paint em to match.

engine from black getting dropped into silver as silver threw a rod, but has a much nicer overall rolling chassis/drivetrain.

has some mold.. but ill take care of it. booth have nice seats and interior panels.

basically when im done, ill have a very very nice condition p5. motor has high milage but high compression so pretty good.

both cars cost me $1200 together. not bad. most of which ill prob recover in random part outs and the recycler.

For anyone who hasn't a braided clutch line is the shi* . No more clunky shifts or hard to get into rev. $25 on amazon.

a bit closer to paint........lip, bumper and eyelids to meet Mr. 22v soon......test fit crappy cell pic............

image.jpg

oil system mod???

wish i would've seen that amazon link before i bought mine. oh well i think i paid $33 so not a whole lot more

Something an out setting up an oil pressure regulator. The post I saw was about an upgraded oil pump and a few other things. Can't find it now

Back