What have you done to your P5 today?

Any idea on what size our stock piping is? Does anyone have any info on the SR motorsports exhaust and how does that sound/look?

Any idea on what size our stock piping is? Does anyone have any info on the SR motorsports exhaust and how does that sound/look?

I believe our stock piping is 2.25" (correction if needed?), and ive heard that while the SR Motorsports exhaust is of good quality, its price surely reflects on that, as it is crazy expensive for a catback exhaust on a 4 banger commuter car imo..

I believe our stock piping is 2.25" (correction if needed?), and ive heard that while the SR Motorsports exhaust is of good quality, its price surely reflects on that, as it is crazy expensive for a catback exhaust on a 4 banger commuter car imo..

Theres apparently 1 left in stock at $349...

Racing Beat is $480 right now plus shipping. I asked RB if there was any discount maybe but they said they can't offer discounts because it would make their Authorized dealers mad. When I look at the AD page, no one has anything listed for the Protege.

Theres apparently 1 left in stock at $349...

Racing Beat is $480 right now plus shipping. I asked RB if there was any discount maybe but they said they can't offer discounts because it would make their Authorized dealers mad. When I look at the AD page, no one has anything listed for the Protege.

Oh maybe i was looking at a different exhaust..nevermind then.

good choice, did same thing. Still running the ebay catback mandrel bent piping/resonator with a Magnaflow muffler since 2006.

good choice, did same thing. Still running the ebay catback mandrel bent piping/resonator with a Magnaflow muffler since 2006.

What does yours sound like? I ask because i really wanted a Corksport but now they are discontinued. My magnaflow doesnt sound bad but i LOVED the sound the CS made.

Is there a way i could custom fab one similar with ebay piping and a muffler like you have?

Yeah I do have the full CBE. And so its just that easy eh?

My guess is the Corksport had a smaller or no resonator leading to the difference in sound?

Yeah, a resonator does cut volume but they mostly help cut down rasp and gurgle. And unless you're catless, most proteges dont get that painful rasp.

i need to kill tone in mine.... (mostly caused by the flowmaster muffler) the resonance inside the cabin is unbearable at cruising rpm's

What does yours sound like? I ask because i really wanted a Corksport but now they are discontinued. My magnaflow doesnt sound bad but i LOVED the sound the CS made.

Is there a way i could custom fab one similar with ebay piping and a muffler like you have?
It has deep low sonic rumble that lights up all the alarms in parking garages , it will rasp very slightly at high rpms but not rpms I drive at and has nice enjoyable tone at hwy speeds. You can fab one, my muffler was seperate and welded onto the axleback portion of the catback I bought. I just ditched their cheesy blue tipped muffler for the Magnaflow 5x8 oval angle cut double wall tip race series muffler. I have a fresh MS axleback I've been tempted to try out but it has 2" axleback piping. I guess it would give a little back pressure the NA might like but not sure ifthe flanges where it bolts up would play nice and not cutting it.

My muffler is like this only race series instead of street series and with angle cut tip instead of straight cut.............

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
Yeah I do have the full CBE. And so its just that easy eh?

My guess is the Corksport had a smaller or no resonator leading to the difference in sound?

Not only did it not have a resonator but you have to remove the second cat as it bolts directly to the exhaust manifold. Most users opt to have a hi-flow cat welded in to cut down on the noise.

It has deep low sonic rumble that lights up all the alarms in parking garages , it will rasp very slightly at high rpms but not rpms I drive at and has nice enjoyable tone at hwy speeds. You can fab one, my muffler was seperate and welded onto the axleback portion of the catback I bought. I just ditched their cheesy blue tipped muffler for the Magnaflow 5x8 oval angle cut double wall tip race series muffler. I have a fresh MS axleback I've been tempted to try out but it has 2" axleback piping. I guess it would give a little back pressure the NA might like but not sure ifthe flanges where it bolts up would play nice and not cutting it.

My muffler is like this only race series instead of street series and with angle cut tip instead of straight cut.............

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Just FYI, The ms axleback does not line up with the ebay catback. It's a little off and I had to get a little section made to fit.

started to remove more pieces
664E5D27-C364-4B6F-9B07-C03E52D61198_zpsol7cdhn6.jpg

Over the weekend:

• New rear flexible brake lines
  • New rear pads (again)
  • Reconditioned drivers side rear rotor
  • Adjusted e-brake
  • New Brake Master Cylinder
  • Clutch and brake bleed/flush (no kidney cancer)
  • Fixed bent heat shield that was rattling against shifter

The car stops better, ebrake light is finally off, and gear shifter engages gears almost like new.

Back