What have you done to your P5 today?

Wow, thats some skilled wrapping.
Thanks!

yesterday I pulled the engine out of one, and today i stuck it in another. now i have the long road ahead to reinstall all the little parts. engine should be able to start this week though if i can find the alternator tension adjustment block. i have two, i know i do, but one seems to be missing =( bolt broke off in the one i tried to install which was PRETTY annoying.. ill prob hold off installing the intake manifold til i get that peice in there.. dont really wanna be crawling around on my back if i dont have to.

this week, aside from cleaning up my property and trying to bolt parts to the good p5, i have to paint two doors silver. possibly a front bumper just so i dont have to deal with the damage to the silver one.. we will see. should have a pretty mint p5 by the end of the project though. msp gonna be pretty jealous.

ps, that vinyl looks badass, but id be so worried about anyone so much as brushing past the car... i imagine its pretty easy to scuff and dull it. making me want to do it to the roof though..

Its actually more forgiving then paint, small scuffs and swirls basically heal themselves once the vinyl is warmed up in the sun or with a heat gun. Pretty neat

image_zps3qa09idh.jpg
finally started wrapping my car. Did so much body work and sanding, the paint was in terrible condition but once Im done, you wont even be able to tell

Come over and wrap my MSP? :D

Well today I finally got my spoiler back on after painting it black. The clear was looking pretty shatty so i just went black and it looks pretty good. I'm totally jealous of dudes wrapping skills. i would hang myself before it ever looked that good lol over the past 2 weeks i have(with the much needed help of a badass mechanic) swapped my 235k engine for a jdm fsde/ze. engine was sold as a de but it does have the infamous black box which leads me to believe its either had a ze intake swap or is a ze or is the de from the 99-01 mpv. gonna check cams this weekend to be sure. aaaaanywho...swapped my stock trans for a 75ktrans. installed xtr racing stage 1 clutch and flywheel kit and a knock off catback exhaust that looks and sounds surprisingly good. gotta dummy plug vtcs and fix speedo not working and a few other small things. needles to say its been a busy couple weeks for the p5 but man does she run so much better

delivered all my body panels to work today.. maybe stumbling over them this week will instill the desire to paint them 22v.. such an.. uninspiring color... i should paint everthing black, then paint it 26s... i miss being able to find my car in the parking lot like... immediately.

Sammich plate......adding electric oil pressure gauge and running the sensor for that off sammich plate on mine.

Somethin like this and use the single side port on it and leave the oil line plugs in..............

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
Do u know if this restricts oil pressure or flow? If I go that route I would do a filter relocation kit, the one that has the straight fittings on the block plate. Any other ideas? I think the temp readings would be off if I put the temp probe on the remote block.

I sure hope it doesn't restrict flow, haven't heard of any issues like that and yes, I would think pulling temp somewhere close to block or pan would be more accurate.

IIIIIII sold it!(cryhard) After 13 years. I loved that car. It was like my best mechanical friend. I treated it well, drove it like it was stolen, kept it clean even under the hood. But one of my hobbies required more room. I needed something to haul my control line(not RC) model planes. I fly competitive control line precision aerobatics, and some of the planes have a 60" wingspan and are quite fragile. So to load up for a road trip with my planes, gear and luggage, the P5 wouldn't do it.

I bought a beautiful sparkly red 2011 V-6 Hyundai Santa Fe with all the cool new electronics and stuff I wanted. Turns out my flying buddy and coach is an old Porsche racer and street driver too. He'd been wanting something sporty and peppy with a stick shift. We stumbled onto the conversation by accident, and he came to try it out. He Loved it! With 86k miles, a fairly new timing belt, new struts, and brand new battery, he gave me $4,200 bucks and drove it home. I'm so happy someone that appreciates what the P5 is meant for, and knows how to drive it... "Shift high, keep the RPMs up!", I didn't have to tell him. And I get to see it whenever we go out to practice our pattern flying. All is well.

Here's one last look:

Bye baby. I did shed a tear.
Rusty
Mazda2005-01-21001.jpg

Mazda2005-01-21003.jpg

MazdaP5.jpg

^^^ Clean as car man. Mine is silver also, thanks for letting me see its potential. What else you do to the car?
Checked my fluids, cleaned the battery terminals, fixed my intake. Still loving the P5

Last edited:
^^^ Clean as car man. Mine is silver also, thanks for letting me see its potential. What else you do to the car?
Checked my fluids, cleaned the battery terminals, fixed my intake. Still loving the P5
Nothing except the SRI under the hood. Just kept it clean and serviced. I did have an aluminum Hurst shifter handle from my old '67 Camaro drag racer, and if set at the right angle, really fits the driver's grip nicely. But it had the stock shifter. I had always wanted a short shifter, but now I'm glad I never put it on. For street driving, it would have served no purpose. Honestly, I think doing all the crap that some people do, fart can exhaust, full CAI, etc. doesn't improve performance, and some of it makes them slower. I put Thunder Racing decals on the red strut tower brace and on the lower lip as seen in the front view picture. A silver B&M decal down low behind the front passenger side wheel was barely visible. Those decals make it go faster lol.

Edmunds valued it at over $4800 bucks, Kelly was a bit lower but close. It varies by your area. If I had sold it to a stranger I would have taken no less than $4500 and asked for more. I'm really happy someone got it who knows how to use it. His whole family loves it. I swear I would have cried if someone who didn't appreciate what it was bought it, even for more money. It cleaned up beautifully. Modern paint is amazing stuff. So not like the crappy paint they used on my old hotrods. It stays pretty and resists damage from sun, sap, birds and bugs. I like my new car too. I always despised SUVs, but since the Santa Fe fit my needs and so many convenient options, I'm really liking it. And that 270 horse V-6 flat hauls ass. My left leg keeps twitching every time I slow to stop or take off. No clutch.

Here's my new plane hauler:
Plane%20hauler_zpszstve0bz.jpg

One of my planes next to the Mazda. You can imagine my problem getting them to the field.
WP_20140517_004_zps061be802.jpg

Last edited:
Put the speed sensor from my old trans on the new one so the Speedo would work. Come to find out it was dummy plugged lol no wonder it didn't work. I can now know how fast I'm going. Might swap over the old valve cover from my old engine. And check the cam numbers to see if it really is a jdm Fsde lol I'm really wondering because it has a good bit more power now than it did lol

Complete test fit before painting. Everything all snug in it's place. Nice solid mount and lined up great on the sides using the sag brackets. Still no luck with fogs yet. Haven't found just the right ones.........

needspaint_02.JPG

Now to take it all back apart and make it all 22v.................

Drove it for the first time since the wrap, only downside to aethetic mods, the car still drives the same :( lol
Looks great though, just need to finish the roof and bumpers and Im set. Looks like Ill be driving the car to ATL after all

Nothing except the SRI under the hood. Just kept it clean and serviced. I did have an aluminum Hurst shifter handle from my old '67 Camaro drag racer, and if set at the right angle, really fits the driver's grip nicely. But it had the stock shifter. I had always wanted a short shifter, but now I'm glad I never put it on. For street driving, it would have served no purpose. Honestly, I think doing all the crap that some people do, fart can exhaust, full CAI, etc. doesn't improve performance, and some of it makes them slower. I put Thunder Racing decals on the red strut tower brace and on the lower lip as seen in the front view picture. A silver B&M decal down low behind the front passenger side wheel was barely visible. Those decals make it go faster lol.

Edmunds valued it at over $4800 bucks, Kelly was a bit lower but close. It varies by your area. If I had sold it to a stranger I would have taken no less than $4500 and asked for more. I'm really happy someone got it who knows how to use it. His whole family loves it. I swear I would have cried if someone who didn't appreciate what it was bought it, even for more money. It cleaned up beautifully. Modern paint is amazing stuff. So not like the crappy paint they used on my old hotrods. It stays pretty and resists damage from sun, sap, birds and bugs. I like my new car too. I always despised SUVs, but since the Santa Fe fit my needs and so many convenient options, I'm really liking it. And that 270 horse V-6 flat hauls ass. My left leg keeps twitching every time I slow to stop or take off. No clutch.

Here's my new plane hauler:
Plane%20hauler_zpszstve0bz.jpg

One of my planes next to the Mazda. You can imagine my problem getting them to the field.
WP_20140517_004_zps061be802.jpg

I agree. Only thing I'm going to do is carbon fiber (oem look) and an intake and header (also add 2nd cat to the midpipe. Thinking of getting an msp turbo setup then down the road do an fsze swap. I like a quiet car with a low rumble.

URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/tuscani915/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150321_191602_zpsezz1lj1c_edit_1427210946445_zpsk4qo3qsd.jpg.html]
20150321_191602_zpsezz1lj1c_edit_1427210946445_zpsk4qo3qsd.jpg
[/URL]

^^^^^ sedan lights, bumoer hole plugs, relocated plate & accord lip? Looks good, what did I miss?

I'm actually going with the jdm tilt bracket thing instead of oem or relocated plate. Of course I had to modify hardware and mounting to be acceptable. Looks kinda kooky but will have to grow on me because it's what's going on there. Once the hardware was tightened up it actually has curve to it that follows the MSP lip line. I'll have to take pic with it on there. Trying to get everything test fit before taking bumper, lip and eyebrows to get all 22v'd up. That way I can just bolt everything back on and not disturb any paint since just dropping off parts instead of car to be painted............

Replaced the front and right motor mount, as well as the transmission mount. The only one needing to be changed was the right as it was completely shot but figured I bought the kit and it would prevent me from having to do it later. The rear is in dire need of replacement but I didn't have the time or desire to tackle that job tonight...

URL=http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/tuscani915/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150321_191602_zpsezz1lj1c_edit_1427210946445_zpsk4qo3qsd.jpg.html]

That accord lip looks great, do you have any other pictures from other angles? That looks like it fits alot better than the others ive seen.

Back