What have you done to your P5 today?

installed sickspeed horns a little while ago. turns out that every douche bag in the world wanted me to test it out on them tonight.
im actually not that happy with them :/

You get what you pay for. Save $30 on knockoff hella super tones for horns that sound almost worse than stock (yes I've heard sickspeed horns) doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

You get what you pay for. Save $30 on knockoff hella super tones for horns that sound almost worse than stock (yes I've heard sickspeed horns) doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

i thought they were almost identical except hellas were a tad bit louder?

i thought they were almost identical except hellas were a tad bit louder?
i think mine dont sound as good as yours Brian. did you use any additional relay or anything?
ima leave my grill off (so i wont have to cut it) so i can compare it to yours soon

Hellas are WAY louder. The set of sickspeeeds I heard sounded worse than an oem P5 horn

lol that's pretty bad

i think mine dont sound as good as yours Brian. did you use any additional relay or anything?
ima leave my grill off (so i wont have to cut it) so i can compare it to yours soon

i just used the relay that came with the horns and that was it. sounds good, i'm curious how they sound

I need to install my supertones, LOL. I used my horn for the first time in months the other day. It doesn't help that my p5 sits in the garage 90% of the time in the summer...

K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake
(actually did this a few days ago) but I am definitely glad I did this! A lot more responsive and gives a nice sound when I step on it, but not at an idle, I am very pleased! Gas seems to be doing better too, I will have some calculations after I finish this tank up!

About to start the DIY black-out head lights (painting the housing)
Hope to leave a chrome lip to spice it up, will post pics!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    845.1 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    816.6 KB · Views: 108
I still have lots of parts left on my p5, lmk if you need anything before i trash it. Also still have the complete msp turbo setup with everything including ecu! just need a fmic setup. Roof racks, bike attachments, mazda6 BBK and all is still up for sale and i just posted a mint gt2860rs with under 1000 miles in the fs forum!

PM'd

finished up the MSP swap on the P5! feels awesome! ill try and get pics in the next couple days.

Last edited:
So, I'm burning oil. Blue smoke and all... That means I get to take my engine apart. I'll check the top end (if that's the right phrase to refer to where the valve seals might be). With that said, in order to put everything back together, I'll need:

Head gasket and new bolts
Socket w/ readout of torque (IDK the proper phrase)
valve seals
a weekend

Is there anything I might be forgetting?

I know I'll need to drain the oil. As far as determining if it's the vave seals, what is it I'll be looking for in particular? The wire that runs across the valve cover, it's more of a loom, how do I pop that off without cutting the plastic clips? If I have to break the clips, can i find replacements?

I guess I'm hoping it's them so I dont need to take the whole engine apart but I don't know if I should risk trying to do the piston rings just because??

EDIT: i just looked on onlinemazdaparts,

ill need valve seals, both the exhaust and intake, the valve cover gasket, and the bolts?

i was talking about a head gasket like it was a valve cover gasket... d'oh.

im having mental issues.

what is it i need to do the valve seals, thats what im asking. sorry i asked in such a long winded way :)

Last edited:
All you east-coasters... stay safe. And keep those P5's safe while you're at it.

Thanks man. It's getting cold, very windy, and now starting to get wet. I kind of want to lay in bed and go into a warm comma until it's over

About to start the DIY black-out head lights (painting the housing)
Hope to leave a chrome lip to spice it up, will post pics!

I really considered this. Wanted to see how it looks.

finally sanded and painted my stock wheels the color i wanted! now if only i could get the car as clean as i want. was so cold the was not soaking up water it was just pushing it around after 10 minutes of freezing hands and getting no where i gave up. water spots every where....

Ill +2 ^

Mmm, what oil do you guys recommend? Ill give the PO a call and ask what he used but I picked up 10w-30 castrol synthetic. Any users? Also, I picked up 2 ton jackstands. Are they gonna be strong enough?

Back