What have you done to your P5 today?

installed my sparco steering wheel, nrg short hub and quick release. super easy, but no horn and I dont care for this gap that can be seen between the hub and steering column. other than that, I like it. pics and how to tomorrow.

after almost a year of these springs sitting in the box... i finally lowered the front end! (tomorrow i shall tackle the rear)

wheelgap.jpg

Getting the car ready to be moved for a pro repaint, I have decided to not do it myself... I will make it look like s***..

Media Blast, Factory White and then a set of Clear Coat... Technically, I will be able to wax the engine bay like the outside.

Dash is out to redo the wires properly.

Calipers off so I could put the s*** rims off of the winter beater on the P5 so it could be transported.

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

Brian shave the bay while you're at it! I bet you have a ton of unused bolt holes that would look sexy when smoothed out

How I lowered my 02 P5 for free

after almost a year of these springs sitting in the box... i finally lowered the front end! (tomorrow i shall tackle the rear)

wheelgap.jpg

My demo of my lowering job is nothing like yours, but I did mine for free! ;)

Below is a before an after and then two shots on how I did it.

No... this is obviously temporary.

Attachments

• before lowering.jpg
    before lowering.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 112
  • after lowering.jpg
    after lowering.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 114
  • how to lower 1.jpg
    how to lower 1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 128
  • how to lower 2.jpg
    how to lower 2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 114
Glad you appreciate that. I still haven't unloaded it yet, but I'm kinda liking the look, goes well with these little tires and wheels I have on her. How much would it cost for the most basic lowering of this type? Is it possible to do the work yourself without special tools? Thanks

do it yourself most definitely; specials tool you need is a spring compressor, you can rent at a parts store and are usually free

After running around with the family all morning and most of the afternoon, I broke out the hose and washed the cars. :D Ah, Springtime... Then I ripped the hatch apart so I could plug in my used/new to me hatch light (thanks again Mark :)). Should have been much easier but the shop that repaired the DS quarter and tail light zip tied the connectors to the wiring harness of the tail light!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Brought her down and working on getting tires under fenders this week.

Go Hawkeyes!! ;) Car looks good, what set-up are you running and what are the future plans?

^^^ best demo of before and after ever.

I agree....looks good and needs moar pics!

Attachments

• genimage.jpg
    genimage.jpg
    571.5 KB · Views: 699
  • genimage1.jpg
    genimage1.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 653
  • genimage2.jpg
    genimage2.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:
it took me 2 days (about 9 hours in total) to put in new stuts, springs, and endlinks by myself with no previous experience.
(stupid front endlinks took about 6 hours of the time)

so now my car sits about 2 inches closer to earth and i would have never attempted it if it wasnt for this forum!

CTt3P5, looking really good sir. I did the same yesterday. :)

IMG_20120303_175716.jpg

Edit: All this talk about suspension is killing me, I found an RX-8 I really like, but want to lower the P5 too. (coffee)

lookin good jeff! ordered a new strut for the hatch so I don't have to have someone else hold it up for me while I load

Looks good Jeff!

JiggaBro, I'm glad that you got it all squared away. That's what this forum is all about. Those endlinks are a b**** and a half. 90% of the time you have to cut them off and install new ones. Can we get some pics of the lowered ride?

Back