What have you done to your P5 today?

Today i bought my first mazda p5 its a 02 and i love it i owned a 95 nissan sentra and now that i got this thing plus its a 5 speed god i love mazdas.....

thanks man switching from a automatic 95 sentra to a 02 manual p5 is like going from a pinto to a lambo i love this car so much i live in florida and drove all the way to tennessee and picked it up lastnight and this morning because i got a hell of a deal on it.

Plastidipped the rear bumper ;)

IMG_20110726_132308.jpg

IMG_20110726_132256-1.jpg

Please ignore the steelies and holes in the bumper that the previous owner bestowed upon me (pukey)

I ripped apart a good part of my rear trim to get at the connector for the left wheel speed sensor. Sure enough the sensor wasn't putting out much voltage (<0.1V when a minimum of 0.25V is required).

So I took off the rear caliper and rotor to clean the sensor. It was very dirty but the cleaning didn't help much, the output increased to roughly 0.2V. Boo.

Finally I checked the resistance of the sensor (should have done that before removing the caliper) and it was also way too low (440 Ohms when it's supposed to be between 1.3-1.7K Ohms). Looks like I need a new sensor :(

^^^ Oh HELL no, that's why I took mine out. Haha :)
seats.jpg

My girlfriend and I are going to build a Caterham instead of having kids. She's pretty awesome.

Sooo if you pull the ABS fuse the parking brake light still stays on... There must be something I can unplug to get rid of that damn light. The yellow ABS light I can deal with, the parking brake light, not so much (pissed).

Also I'm proud to say that I found rust INSIDE the car underneath the rear trim. I don't ever see myself getting another Mazda unless I have a garage for it, these rust issues are ridiculous.

Cheese, can't you just pull the bulb from the gauge cluster for the parking brake light?

Back