What have you done to your P5 today?

Changed passenger side ball joint. Just the joint, not the whole arm. Gonna do a DIY when I change the drivers side. Saved my friend a lot of money when the arms themselves are fine.

My GT25 waste gate glad was bent 90 degrees open when the arm was in the resting/closed position. Instead of buying a new turbo, my solution was banging the arm with a hammer so that when the waste gate is closed its at the correct direction. Going to replace the gaskets and pop everything back on and hope I'm finally boosted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ugh, i had to do that. i tried everything else before concluding to that. it was my first time removing the turbo mani and turbo. all that work for about 5 taps with the hammer to fix it lol.

Saturday morning I said farewell to her. *wipes tear* Bought her in January of 2006 with 67K on the odometer and she left us with 195K, almost made it to 200K. lol

Have a lot of great memories with Karen and owning her introduced me to some great people with whom I still call friends.

I was able to pull off a couple of small parts before we traded her in but sadly I had to leave the JDM tails, AEM SRI and Thermal R&D cat-back installed as I didn't have OEM parts to swap out with. Note to self: when modding cars in the future, keep ALL stock parts vs. selling for a few bucks.

Oh my god, no way. Thats so sad. What happened? There is a stock silver P5 in my area for sale with nothing but jdm tails too. I thought it was weird when I saw it.

Yes it was a sad day. She was rusting away and my wife and I were worried about the safety factor since she was our daughters dd. So now she drives the 2010 3 and my wife got a 2016.5 CX-5 AWD w/Tech.

The tails would have been the easiest to swap but only with a local P5 owner given the timeframe. They did place an "as-is" sticker on the window so maybe they will list her for sale? Thought for sure that she was crusher bound.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Installed a ssafc. The hesitation problem under boost has been significantly improved but still occurs. Time to save up for a wideband.

Here is the last pic of the ol' girl. I forgot to mention earlier that I swapped the winter wheels on the morning before the dealer appraised her. Had a set of BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 A/S installed last November for just over $500 on the summer wheels. They gave me $700 for the car with the worn out winter tires and would have given me $800 with the new tires. No thanks, I'll keep those 2006 MX-5 alloys with new rubber and run them on the Miata. ;) I also removed the cargo cover, MSM rear view mirror cover and Tribute intermittent wiper stalk. Turns out I had kept the stock stalk.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Karen - The Final Pic.jpeg
    Karen - The Final Pic.jpeg
    728.4 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
Drained the mtf and filled with eneos 75w90 gear oil. The old fluid looked new, it was a gold reddish color. Also felt no difference in the shifting. I feel like I just wasted 50 bucks lol.

Drained the mtf and filled with eneos 75w90 gear oil. The old fluid looked new, it was a gold reddish color. Also felt no difference in the shifting. I feel like I just wasted 50 bucks lol.

you should've saved it for the next change then! just kidding

Ya i honestly felt like I just threw 50 bucks down the drain. I just changed it cuz I had nothing to do on the weekend. Should've saved it and used it on my 93 integra lol.

Washed and waxed the P5 today. Sadly, it's the first car that I've waxed this year. Sometimes life and work just get in the way of things. The interior will be up tomorrow.

I spun a ton of bolts and nuts from my engine comp in a wire wheel, and replaced a non canadian egr with a canadian egr ( as I am in canada, the non egr looked as if it may have been oem to the titanic. Just a fist of rust. )

I scratched my head a bit working out how to finish with engine swap ( fs-de out and in ). Next time I will label EVERY thing...

Back