What have you done to your P5 today?

Nothing like painting boring ass silver on a Saturday night lol. Just taking a break then putting the second coat of clear on. Came out pretty good for woodshop =]

finished putting all the mechanical bits back on mine and it started right up, after a little.. issue we dont need to talk about. ill try to get the body back together this week and be driving it next weekend maybe. pretty satisfying to see it all coming together after the enormous mess i made taking it apart lol.

(flash) (flash) (flash) Replaced my failed horn! (flash) (flash) (flash)

In Florida, I'm amazed I survived this long without one!

Last edited:
image_zpsukj7bucq.jpg

Finished the wrap and drove it to ATL for Import Alliance

^^^^^ Yes it does, looks very nice................finished playin around with my front license plate. It's weird but growing on me. Used a carbon fiber frame backwards on one of those tilt brackets. Used the factory holes for oem plate bracket. Like the curve in it that matches curve of front lip/bumper lines. Happy accident that was. Coupla bad cell pics.......................

lic_plate_01.JPG

lic_plate_02.JPG

yes, 22v coming soon to a 323F near me.................

Spotted a couple of P5s around Tinker AFB this past week. A nice looking yellow one, that I think I've seen before. And also a blue one (only saw from a distance).

Unfortunately, I never see them when I'm driving. I always seem to be riding with someone else, so stopping to take a closer look never happens.

my friend and i have a tilt plate mount except for you can't adjust the tilt.
Mine should look a bit better once the bumper is painted silver making the visible bracket blend in with paint vs. how it stands out against the dark primer of the bumper. I do like how y'all's is closer to the bumper up top tho. I pushed it back as far as it would go in the bottom adjustment slot where it touches the bottom grill. Doesn't vibrate and seems very solidly mounted. It's cool tho how you can walk around the front or towards side of the car and from most angles you only see the edge of the plate itself, almost like it doesn't have a plate.

image_zpsf0vwxhck.jpg

Installed extended studs and 8mm spacers on the front. Fitment is so much better, but now I have to take my driveway at a 3 point turn so I dont buckle the fenders lol

Had the car for about 6 months now so far, I pulled out the crap stereo that it had in it only to find out who ever had the car before cut the wires instead of buying the plug, I threw in the deck I had laying around while I was at it I plugged the hazards back in someone un plugged then and the wire fell behind the stereo. Thank to you guys I narrowed it down to being my blower motor resister being bad so I replaced that. The other day I was able to get a Megan racing carbon fiber muffler for now I'm just going to have a shop weld that up to some 2.25 pipe axel back since I might turbo it later don't want to waist the money for a custom 2.5" exhaust when if I turbo I will end up doing a 3" custom exhaust, and ordering an Sri this week. As for stereo stuff I have 2 kicker 12's in a sealed box with a 1750 watt mono block amp, hertz 6.5 two way energy series rear door speakers since the factory ones stopped working, going to get the hertz 5.25 components for the front and throw in a 4 channel amp on those. I will post some pictures soon

Finally got around to replacing the rear motor mount, PITA!!! But it's done, and the engine definitely feels more solid on shifting (especially down shifts)

And while the mount was off, decided to take the EGR off and clean it...definitely easier without a motor mount in the way haha

MazdaSpeed door sills, Tribute wiper arm. Earlier this week cleaning the egr valve and NGK ZFR6F-11 Plugs. The plugs make a huge difference between 3k and 4k RPMs.

Yep, they were so cheap I had to get them. I needed a new stud on each front hub anyways so I figured I would spend the extra 20 bucks and just replace all of them lol

I love them, they felt so hefty before I put them on, and so far the zinc coating is working great against rust with my open-ended lug nuts.

Back