What have you done to your P5 today?

So Ive been a member on here for years, probably since 07-08....and never once clicked on the classified tab at the top. Just did and it blew my mind. How long has that been there??

My door panels were showing a lot of sun bleaching, so I sprayed the fabric with some Dupli-Color Vinyl and Fabric Coating.
20150122_1134201.jpg

20150122_1335521.jpg

Replaced a fog light. That was kind of easy and kind of not. There are three 10mm nuts to remove, but one of them was not easy to get off. A regular 10mm double-ended wrench won't fit because of the spoiler, and a regular 10mm socket and wrench won't fit either because of this piece of sheet metal. I just happened to have this Kobalt wrench that is his pass-through design that is lower profile so it could fit over the nut and not run into stuff around it.

Replaced the rear mid pipe and muffler and gaskets. There weren't any rust holes but the gasket in the flange between the muffler and mid-pipe was corroded and the flanges were rusted beyond re-use. It's much quieter now.

Last edited:
So my battery died in traffic today, left me stranded in an intersection. Jumped it twice and only held charge until i turned it off. Have a battery coming thatll be installed later today.

When ours did that turned out to be the alternator's ground cable had corroded and wasn't charging because of that. Battery was fine.

It was the battery though. It hadn't been changed in my whole time of owning the car (4+ years), and the alternator was fine because when jumped it would continue to run as long as it wasnt turned off.

It was the battery though. It hadn't been changed in my whole time of owning the car (4+ years), and the alternator was fine because when jumped it would continue to run as long as it wasnt turned off.
When batteries start to go bad, the alternator has to work extra. The extra workload is often enough to cause the alternator to fail. I typically see that for people within two week after replacing their battery. At a minimum, get the charging system tested before you end up stranded again.

I was contemplating selling my P5 but decided to keep it and put more money into it instead of buying another used car and starting over with potential problems. Got some new Falken Pro G4 A/S tires at the recommendation of the discount tire guy as I was not going to get the cheap Khumo Ecsta again. They ride better and are quiter but have not had them on long enough to give a full review. Finally took off my EGR vavle and cleaned it and changed the spark plugs and that seemed to fix my erratic idle. Now I just need to fix that dang spoiler rattle (brake light) and replace my cracked driver's side mirror.

So im looking at buying an exhaust but I noticed that just about everything I find is from the axle back. The only one I have found so far that is full is the Racing beat exhaust. I would love to get the Racing beat but lord knows that at the $500 price tag, I would like to get something a little more wallet friendly ( unless someone can get me a good discount on it, that would be nice :D). Anyone have an suggestions on what to get or what works well? I like the look and sound of the HKS Hi-power ( I had one on my ae86 ) and they sound great, esp in the higher RPS but I also noticed that for our cars they open up at the tip to almost 4 inches.

Well the Corksport exhaust was the best bang for our buck that i could find but unfortunately Corksport now only makes the 80mm exhaust for the MSP, and thats it.

My guess would be for a full catback thats cheap still, the Megan Racing one is cheaper than RB but that has a 4.5" tip and if 4" is too big for you than Megan would be a no go.

Unfortunately a lot of Protege stuff has been discontinued.

Back