What have you done to your MSP today?

Gabi so what got the car running again?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

I had the luck of having in my possesion two bad fuel pump relays. Bought a brand new oem one and issue resolved. As far as the fuel pump goes there is a small chamber with a cap on the end that has an oring. I hadnt notice the oring had fallen off. I just put it back on and lean condition gone. By the way 12:1 ratio on an msp with no tuning solution (megasquirt for ex) is lean and can damage the car. Specially in Calis crapy 91 oct. Even when tuned 12:1 is considered risky since your threshold for detonation goes down.

I had the luck of having in my possesion two bad fuel pump relays. Bought a brand new oem one and issue resolved. As far as the fuel pump goes there is a small chamber with a cap on the end that has an oring. I hadnt notice the oring had fallen off. I just put it back on and lean condition gone. By the way 12:1 ratio on an msp with no tuning solution (megasquirt for ex) is lean and can damage the car. Specially in Calis crapy 91 oct. Even when tuned 12:1 is considered risky since your threshold for detonation goes down.
http://turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/airfuel_ratio_tuning_rich_vs_lean
Sorry my friend
Any number lower than 14.7 is heading towards rich. Fewer parts off oxygen per part of fuel.
My car was running lean on the dyno 17:1 and they would not do another pass.
Glad you got it resolved sorry for the bad luck.

I was able to work on the car before any schedule jobs this morning. Used and air compressor with gauge to activate my waste gate as it seemed to be stuck closed boost was way up there but ecu would say no go. It's on frozen now and my gate starts to open at 5psi and is fully open at 15psi. I also tuned my maf clamp to be fully engaged before the 8psi safe guard.

Sorry my friend
Any number lower than 14.7 is heading towards rich. Fewer parts off oxygen per part of fuel.

I'm quite familiar with a/f ratio since prior to the MSP I would tune all my cars myself. For a turbocharged car under full load I would tune for 11.5:1. This is considered safe power. Yes you can run leaner at 12:1 but without being able to monitor knock and adjust timing I wouldn't risk it, specially on an MSP. Plus as stated above Calis 91 oct fuel is garbage.

I'm quite familiar with a/f ratio since prior to the MSP I would tune all my cars myself. For a turbocharged car under full load I would tune for 11.5:1. This is considered safe power. Yes you can run leaner at 12:1 but without being able to monitor knock and adjust timing I wouldn't risk it, specially on an MSP. Plus as stated above Calis 91 oct fuel is garbage.
Gotcha

Sorry my friend

Gabi is right, under boost 12:1 is a pretty aggressive tune. Stoich is 14.7:1 but that is only desirable when the car is not in boost and for N/A engines. To make power and do it safely you are aiming for 11.5-12:1 in boost.

I just post ninja'd myself lol

Good to know my cars ECU is doing a good job I'm staying in that safe range under boost then

Well yeah the stock ECU will keep it safe under boost, too safe actually. Wait until you get a tune and lean it out a bit, the car will scream

Well yeah the stock ECU will keep it safe under boost, too safe actually. Wait until you get a tune and lean it out a bit, the car will scream
I can't wait to get my unichip from Pope.
But I need a second speed to put all the upgrades on. My daily will stay stock with body damage and all.

I can't wait to get my unichip from Pope.
But I need a second speed to put all the upgrades on. My daily will stay stock with body damage and all.

I might just sell my msp in the future. But I'm not 100% sure. Mike called dibs though but ill keep both of you posted.

I have a laser blue she'll with my name already in it. But I got to figure how to transport it.

It seems most msp are on your side of the coast barely any left over here in California, that's why Im having such a hard time selling mine. I have two buyers coming to see it Saturday.

Finally got around to fixing my AC fan control problem where speed 2 and 3 didn't work. Pretty easy fix. Wonder why I waited so long.

Anyone know Evil MSP personally? Guy has been giving me the run around. Sold me an AC compressor, turned out to be the wrong one. Not the style that comes on the mazdaspeeds. He happened to have that style in stock and was suppose to ship it to me the same time I shipped the other one back. Mind you it cost almost $80 to send it back to Canda. Well the other compressor never showed up. He told me he had spent a week in the hospital and he was sorry. He'd get it shipped and had already had it boxed up with my name on it. Another 2 weeks go by and nothing. This time its blamed on his logistics guy and he just offers a refund of the $77.55 I sent him originally. I agreed. Havent recieved it. Started a paypal dispute and its now a claim. Still no response from him. Argh

Its ******* hot down here in Alabama! No PS doesnt help either#

I'm so feed up with my speeds miss behavior that I am going to unhook the waste gate!...and not reconnect until I have a unichip.

The car had been sitting in the garage collecting dust for probably a few months but then my DD got a flat tire (caused by a huge bubble in the sidewall) so I decided to drive it while waiting for my new tire to arrive..

Ugh now I love that stupid car again.

I would still sell it if someone gave me a reasonable offer.

I'm going even further. The load on the engine dropped so much after opening the wastegate I'm going to put in a protege MP3 ecu and cold air intake.

Back