What have you done to your MSP today?

not unless they are good tig welders. I'd take it to a machine shop where I know they are good at tig welding.

Agree.

Well, looks like I'll be pulling it apart again when I get it up to AnnArbor.

I am buying the car from EvilMonkey on Sunday in Tampa and then taking it to a trans shop in Cocoa (other side of state) where I'll have 3rd gear etc rebuilt (that'll take a few days). No time to take the LSD to a machine shop because I have to get back to work at Ford in MI later that week. Only going to Cocoa because I can stay with parents there while I wait for the trans to be rebuilt. I don't think I should drive it the 1200 mi to MI without rebuilding the trans.

Migraine stuff.

so looking at modifying my wifes ES a little bit if she will let me lol.. trying to convince her she MIGHT need new dampers.. in which case she wouldnt really notice if i just happend to slip some sportlines on there with em.
but then i got to thinking about my own plans for the car and coilovers as badass as they are are simply too rough for the roads we have. i drive this car quite a lot daily and i dont want the jarring ride of coils.

Im running sportlines and im pretty sure my rear struts are gone but im not sure if i should get msp illuminas or regular sedan illuminas. if i went sedan would i lose the rake, or would i gain ass sag?

i think for her car a set of goldlines or sportlines on KYB or similar would be pretty good.

im gonna try to make her black es look like a 03 as im gonna pick up a p5 parts car pretty soon i think. she doesnt care... but i do lol.
I

so looking at modifying my wifes ES a little bit if she will let me lol.. trying to convince her she MIGHT need new dampers.. in which case she wouldnt really notice if i just happend to slip some sportlines on there with em.
but then i got to thinking about my own plans for the car and coilovers as badass as they are are simply too rough for the roads we have. i drive this car quite a lot daily and i dont want the jarring ride of coils.

Im running sportlines and im pretty sure my rear struts are gone but im not sure if i should get msp illuminas or regular sedan illuminas. if i went sedan would i lose the rake, or would i gain ass sag?

i think for her car a set of goldlines or sportlines on KYB or similar would be pretty good.

im gonna try to make her black es look like a 03 as im gonna pick up a p5 parts car pretty soon i think. she doesnt care... but i do lol.
I
I would say if you're gonna get sedan struts get sedan springs too. Don't mix match with Msp. Personally I would keep the rake. Makes the car look original. I have illuminas on my p5 and I like them a lot. Soft for highway and hard for fun driving and can be put in between for a medium feel.

there is no difference in the actual strut mount and lower arm mounting points i guess? i could go sedan as often the msp parts are not that different but cost a lot more. not on my immediate radar but definitely good to know.

need a bunch of new things heh. in addition to what im already doing to the car. ill basically have baught two when im done i think.

trying to put a ms3 or m6 downpipe on cx7 but not sure if it'll fit. anyone know someone who tried and it was direct bolt on with no bending?

Might want to try one of those subforums....

Anyway...

Anyone need a set of rear MSP doors? Black mica. Located in Knoxville.

Actually I have used search and no results. that's why I was wondering if a fellow car guy had any input not a useless comment.. CX-7 forum more worried about roof racks and foglights, I want performance

Actually I have used search and no results. that's why I was wondering if a fellow car guy had any input not a useless comment.. CX-7 forum more worried about roof racks and foglights, I want performance

Try the MS3 or MS6 forums maybe? you share the same engines and same platform with the ms3. If there is a build thread with a motor pulled that might give you an idea of how similar the firewall might be. That's probably the most help you can get here, MSP's are a totally different ballgame.

nice!

anyone know who carries the correct msp cv axles besides the dealership

Fisher/Federated Auto Parts as well as any shop that has a WorldPac account. CARQUEST Auto Parts owns WorldPac and can get all of there product lines. I'm pretty sure that both of those companies are in the middle of the state.

Shoveled all the snow from around both of them. Not swapping motors in the snow though :(

Installed SickSpeed Horns :)
VNP1yYA.jpg

I want to go pick up my ******' transmission!!! I miss driving the MSP. After driving the MSP with no issues (other than that whole killing 3rd gear thing) and a good tune, I hate driving the RX8. It has all the nice creature comforts and all, but it's too slow.

Back